Thread: Feel like I'm annoying my doctor with my symptoms.

Feel like I'm annoying my doctor with my symptoms.

Hi I will try and make this as short as possible.
    Basically had had a full body ultrasound in January which showed everything was normal except for my gallbladder which was full of stones and not functioning properly. It had been causing me problems and had been misdiagnosed for 5 years until this year when I finally got a scan. Also it took me a total of 7 trips to the doctor just this year to get diagnosed with it. Anyway I was give an operation date on the NHS however this was cancelled twice! So one night the pain was so bad I ended up in A&E which then I had urgent GB removal the surgeon described it as a ticking time bomb and I was lucky to have it out when I did. Made a recovery and went home. I have to say I felt really good for about 2 weeks after I had it removed. Then I started getting the same pain as before I had it removed which recently landed me back in A&E in excruciating pain but they fobbed me off and put it down to the fact I only had it out just over 2 months ago now. But I'm having pain on a daily basis. The thing is I'm really scared to go back to my own GP because i'm scared they think I am annoying them, I wouldn't go if I didn't have to but I am still having pain. Should I go or should I just leave it, I've seen her like 6 times this year already and I don't want her to think I'm putting this on because I'm not but I just don't even know if she'll be able to do anything for me anyway, does anyone have any advice? Do you ever feel like you go to the doctors too often? Thank-you for taking the time to read/help I really appreciate it.

Re: Feel like I'm annoying my doctor with my symptoms.

you must realise that the drs are their for the patients, if you need help go and dont worry what they think its more important that you are not in pain and that your medical concerns are addressed good luck and blessings

Re: Feel like I'm annoying my doctor with my symptoms.

Thank-you I have an appointment on Thursday, maybe I'm just reading too much into it aha god bless : )

Thread Information