Thread: Grey cloud has come back

Grey cloud has come back

Ive been taking cit 20mg for almost a year now and once the side effects were out of the way, I was doing fine and felt like my old self. I have noticed that over the past couple of weeks the grey cloud has started to appear again, has anybody increased the dose after this length of time? I can't bear to think that it may not be working for me now. I live out of the country working and won't be back in the uk for 3 months so can't go to my doctor for advice.

Re: Grey cloud has come back

No worries Carol, your situation is not all that unusual. And at 20mg, you have plenty of latitude to experiment with higher doses. Why not ask your doc about trying 30?

Or, you might also consider transferring to 10mg escitalopram and then increasing that to 20. I mention this latter option in case you had difficulties ramping up cit in the past. for some people, escit is easier.

Let me ask, have you been able to get started on exercise, mindfulness, therapy, other kinds of things to help you?

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you for the advice, well when typing this answer I can kind of see where I am going wrong(sometimes I guess u need to just say it out loud). I work about 12 hours a day and don't make the time to do many nice things for myself as work got so busy and now when I think about trying to do nice things for myself My mind just says what is the point, and I want to nip these thoughts in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by carolf View Post
    Thank you for the advice, well when typing this answer I can kind of see where I am going wrong(sometimes I guess u need to just say it out loud). I work about 12 hours a day and don't make the time to do many nice things for myself as work got so busy and now when I think about trying to do nice things for myself My mind just says what is the point, and I want to nip these thoughts in the bud.
    Ah yes, I know that feeling very well! Why not see if you can carve out just a half hour per day to do something that makes you feel better / healthier / less anxious. And obviously, the unfortunate thing about A/D is that it causes us to withdraw from those activities that could make us better- A/D wants us to become absorbed in it and fixated on it. And to break out of that requires some very strong measures that may not feel at all pleasant at the outset...

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you,I've made some plans and will keep giving myself nice things to look forward to. Hopefully won't have to go down the increase dose route that way

Thread Information