Thread: over lift and hight phobia

over lift and hight phobia

today in my town i decided to go into the glass lift and goto the top of the shoppin center.iv avoided this lift for years.its about 7 floors high and the lift is all glass and you can see how high you are when up the top.but because im just sitting around in life with no job,i thought id go for it on my own.i got into the lift on my own and set it to the top floor, panic set in and when at the top ,it was high and i felt like i was going to jump out somehow,so i whent to the bottom and back up 5 times and stayed with it,after that it felt fine..so i gave it an hr and done it all again on my own,with no problems this time,i actually wanted to feal some panic so i could face it head on ,but hardly any worry.i plan to do this every day now for as long as im not working to build up confidence ..face the fear head on guys and it will get less each time.what was i worried about,i plan to go in the service lifts to,totaly enclosed,i will do both lifts every day many times to fight my fear and phobia..

Re: over lift and hight phobia

well done greg its a huge thing to overcome your fear

Well done Greg You are an inspiration to the rest of us. I was going to go on the big wheel in Liverpool at the weekend but I have to say that I chickened out at the last minute I did go up to a horse and stroke it though (another of my phobias!).

Smile Re: over lift and hight phobia

Well done Greg brilliant you were so good to stick at it, you must now have a new strength inside you, you seem to be making progress from when I first started reading your posts, hope this is the case.
    Take care Kim

Good for you annie..small steps will get you there..i think for me because im not working and have been at my sisters now for over 4 months ,been very low etc,i just think ! What the hell ill try something new iv avoided for years.i feel im ready to keep confronting my phobias and will continue to do so untill its all just normal to do.

That is a great attitude Greg..lovely to see you thinking positive about things and feeling the fear and doing it

Thread Information