Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what makes you anxious?

what makes you anxious?

I juat wanted to ask a question.... what are themain things to make you ANXIOUS? with me it is my phobiaof sickness. Please let me know, take care all of you :-)

H

With me it is driving cos my panic attacks started in the car 11 years ago and I hate being stuck in traffic or unable to get off a road.

I am doing well at conquering it but it is still there.

The other big problem is medication - I am terrible with anything new and get very panicky about taking it. I have to double some medication I am on for high blood pressure and haven't dared do it yet - waiting for the weekend to do it. I know that I wind myself up over it but just the wait is enough to make me anxious.

Nicola

OOh how long have you got ?

Busy traffic. - I have real problems with roads. I can't cross them (unless someone takes me across), I dislike walking by them and I don't like going in the car very much. I can't watch cars crossing each other, or watch people cross roads.

There are still stretches of road I have been unable to face. Making it very difficult to take my children to school. (At the moment someone takes the children to and from school for me.)

My children. - I dislike being alone with them. I feel as if I am unable to cope, and unable to look after them. I find myself being very easily flustrated and stressed out.

Illness. - A constant fear there is something wrong with me. Medical documentries or programmes and cancer adverts really set me off.

I have symptoms of anxiety most of the time, even when I am at rest.
    The worst being palpitations and a feeling of over antisipation.

I think I got everything....[8)]

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Here goes!! Things that make me anxious.......

Violence, either the fear of it happening to me or seeing it happening to anyone else eg fights.

Being stuck in traffic queues, not being able to escape. Even having to sit at a red light makes me panic.

Confrontation of any kind.

Thinking someone doesn't like me for whatever reason.

My kids safety, having to let them go places on their own.

Spiders!

Enclosed spaces, open spaces, people, noise.

Constant anxiety every moment of my waking day.

I could go on for longer but wont!

Kate x

H,

Well like you everything stems from my emetophobia. But have you noticed emetophobia can also be looked at as being a hypochondriac??? We are constantly worrying something will make us sick i guess because we are afraid of it thats what makes it a phobia. ARGG such a viscious circle.

I have to agree with some of Kate answers too.

Violence, the fear of it happening to me.
    That whole confrontation thing.
    Wondering why someone doesn't like me, or why someone has been mean to me in the past.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

H

It may be quicker saying what doesn't make me anxious! Anyway,

At the moment mainly scared of going mad.
    Dying - of some terrible illness like AIDS or dying of something quicker like a stroke or heartattack, so I'll never see my boyfriend of parents again.
    Planes (v big fear), underground trains, tunnels, lifts.
    Cinema and theatres also make me anxious for some reason also, not sure why.
    Natural catastrophes - The world ending etc.

I'm sure there's more!!

Hazel

I get anxious going places in case I'm sick or faint in public.

Driving on Motorways or Major Dual Carriageways. I'm scared in case I crash especially with the children in the car. Also my fear of being sick used to mean I didn't like being a passenger on motorways in case I felt sick and needed to stop.

I too worry like anything if people dislike me or say nasty things without reason to me. I don't hurt or harm anyone, but maybe its my trusting and wanting to be liked helpful nature that somepeople don't like. My psychotherapist gave me a task this month to not worry about what others think of me. Just be me and to those who don't like that - ignore them and concentrate on the people who matter. Its hard but it makes you feel good to stop worrying for five minutes.

Ruth
    x

wow!! i only asked this to see how similar i am to other people who suffer from panic and anxiety and it has proved my point.... even the strangest things effect other people, not just me, thanks guys! keep the posts coming....

H

The worst thing that makes me anxious is fear that im gona be sick or need the loo when im out.

after that there are lots of things,
    Being alone.. hate being home alone, especially if my mums out.shes the only one who can get me out of a panic....
    Driving-caught in traffic or at a red light is awful.its because i cant get away imtrapped in a queue of cars...
    Eating somethings that might upset my tummy,i eat bland palin food all the time....
    Loosing control. i need constant control of any situation else i cant do it...
    Even if someone is in my house visiting my family i get anxious and panicky-just incase i get an "episode" whist theyre here,and i dont like people to see me like that...
    i fear the thought of getting ill, or getting a pain and dread if i ever had to go to hospital because i could stay there,and its full of germs...

Think that pretty much covers it!!
    x

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information