Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dosage increase

Re: dosage increase

Quote Originally Posted by rich999 View Post
    Thanks Keith. I am very worried that CIT is not going to work for me and then I don't know what to do. In your opinion do you think a dosage increase would be wise? Just in case the drugs are in my system but are just not working as required?
    Well I don't think we know yet whether cit is the right med or whether you're at the right dose. I would not do anything to the dose until you feel calm enough to consider it carefully. that's not something you should do out of panic or extreme anxiety... it is something you do when you are well enough to think it through rationally and calmly. So the first thing is to get to that state.

It's certainly possible that cit isn't right, but I think you need to give it more time or switch to escit before drawing that conclusion. My point is, how much worse would it be to go another couple weeks on cit or transfer to escit and try another two weeks on that? Because if you don't do that, you could lose a big investment in adjustment time. Sure, you can wean off cit and then try other things, but then you're looking at two weeks minimum to get the cit out of your system, plus new adjustment time on the new med. So in the big scheme of things, a couple weeks more on cit or escit seems prudent. Right?

The best thing I can offer you for comfort is the knowledge that quite a few of us went through a rough month or so. and many of us also needed some other additional med to help us through that... and I'm not at all convinced that you have the right one.

At the very least, I would try to get some klonopin as soon as possible, and perhaps get a second opinion if necessary to boost your confidence in your treatment route.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: dosage increase

i think you need to give it more time,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information