Thread: Passing out

Passing out

Does anyone have a fear of passing out/collapsing? This takes over every minute of my life and stops me from doing my every day things. Even though I try to give myself some exposure, like today I walked around the block, it doesnt change my fear.

Everytime it happens it feels as real as the last time and it has an impact onmy life, stops me taking my kids out etc. Im pregnant as well. Its not just during my pregnancy as i had it before but its worse now.

I went to a and e last week as i had palpitations and egg and bloods were clear but im still not convinced, i get out of breath so easily, always have a heavy head too.
    Does anyone else feel like this or have any advice?

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Anyone??

Re: Passing out

yes i got over it for a while...but now its back again...total bitch...want to do so much and go places but keep making excuses not to because of it...i feel like a shit mum right now my daughters 4 and on school holidays and ive done nothing apart from normal at home play and in garden...so your not alone mate x

It used to be one of my biggest fears for sure, and even now I still feel uncomfortable in certain situations like supermarkets etc.

When I had CBT the issue came up and the therapist said 'so what if you do pass out?' After my initial befuddled response, I realised he had a point. Yes, it's scary, and of course nobody wants it to happen, but if a GP has told me there is nothing wrong with me (a few times now) and it happens, then it's like people feinting from fear. It happens.

Funny thing is, in 5-6 years of on and off anxiety, it never has. And there has probably been more than 100 times when I absolutely knew I was going to, but never did!

Thanks guys. Im finding it so debilitating right now, not wanting to go out because of it

Thread Information