Thread: Feeling weird and horrible

Feeling weird and horrible

Hi Everyone,

Looking for a bit of help, i have been feeling really bad lately, very depressed and anxious, but i keep getting sharp stabbing pains in my head and it is reallly freaking me out, think i have got something seriously wrong like a clot or tumor, my breathing has been all over the place lately, cant control it at all, feeling like i cant breath at all, tingly feeling in head and face and arms and feel so weak.

Got to go to a works night out tonight, first time i have been out in 2 months and scared, just cant cope with these pains in head and overbreathing, think something bad will happen, i also feel very unreal all the time, am in week 2 of taking citalopram and dont feel any better yet.

Please give me some advice

Thanking u in advance x

Claire x

hi Claire,citalopram can give you side affects,they took 2 weeks to calm down with me.You dont usually find any difference for about a month.The pains could just be a headache or migraine,but you could just be really anxious about the works night out,does going out normally bother you?

Ellen XX

Hi ellen

Yeah am normally anxious about going out, but even more so tonight as i have been going through a bad relapse and things have been bad for me, not had an alcoholic drink for ages and i know that my work collegues will be pushing me to have one as they dont know what i am going thorugh

Thanks for your reply

Claire x

Hey Clarabell,

Have you tried the 7:11 breathing technique? Just by breathing this way, it pretty much forces your body to calm down (sends signals to the brain...).

As for drinking, if you don't want to then don't feel forced!! If you advise your collegues you have a headache and don't want to make it worse, they can't force you! (plus you could use the excuse you want to be sober enough to remeber all the embarrasing things they do, great goss for tomorrow morning when they have hangovers, hehe!)

Last but not least, have a great night and let us know how you get on!

Mo x

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn......

Thread Information