Thread: SA & GAD?

SA & GAD?

Can you have both of these at the same time? I definitely have SA, although I basically told the GP I have it rather than being diagnosed with it. I just couldnt keep going feeling depressed and not being able to face people which is why I went to the GP but wondering if I have GAD as well. I find that Im anxious most of the time, not just when talking with other people. I sit in my chair on a night time and realise that Im tense inside and try to consciously let go.

Re: SA & GAD?

Yes, it is quite possible to have both. I do, so I can understand how hard it is.

Maybe you need to go back to the GP and explain the full extent of your anxiety - they can't help if they don't know everything.

I will try when I go back in a couple of weeks, but dont really have faith in her as I asked for AD's that didnt affect your sleep and specifically asked if what she was giving me would be ok for that and she said it would be fine. Bit disappointed when I got home and looked it up to find Citalopram can affect your sleep.

I have both and it is quite common. A lot of people suffer with more than one type of anxiety, so you are not alone. Citalopram can disturb sleep, so perhaps have another word with your GP about it.

BobbyDog

Thread Information