Thread: occipital lymph nodes on back of head

occipital lymph nodes on back of head

i was rubbing the back of my head and i feel these two lumps on the back of my skull near the center between my ears and the lumps are the same size on both sides.. i can feel the lump if i rub my hands up and down my head.. idk if this is normal on a skull? they are tender when i push on them with a bit of pressure

ive been having some neck pain below this on the lower right of my neck. i dont know if this means my nodes are swollen? i havent had a fever, night sweats, just an ache in my neck when i move it a certain way. which i have no idea if thats related to the occipital glands

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

this isnt my head.. just one i googled and the circles are where im referring too.. it itches too now that i think about it.. i find myself scratching around the area during work but i thought it was due to my hair product or using too hot of water or stress? idk if this helps get me an awswer

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

http://tinypic.com/r/mmvtvq/5

Re: occipital lymph nodes on back of head

>>>>>bump

If they are swollen on both sides that is normal and either just how they are, or is due to infection or virus. If it is just one side that is more concerning (even though that is normal 99 percent of the time)

im slightly relieved.. and yes its on both sides they seem to be a bit tender and i can feel them radiating a very mild pain almost like a headache.. i was doing some googling (bad idea i know). im unsure if i need to rush to the GP's office or wait it out and take ibuprofen. i also notice i just have a general lower right neck tender pain. idk if this arises emergency or a sign of infection

Thread Information