Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headache for three weeks

Headache for three weeks

Hey everyone,

For three weeks now I have been experiencing headaches everyday which are not very painful but are uncomfortable either at the back of my head or at the side. I'm extremely scared i've got somthing serious wrong with me such as a brain tumor. I've noticed when i stress and panic the back of my head feels tight and i get a throbbing pain behind my right eye. I went to my GP and she tryed to reassure me that it wasnt anything serious and i was getting headaches due to my anxiety. I am that worried i cannot sleep and im looking for some advice.

Thanks

Re: Headache for three weeks

Headaches are quite common with anxiety. If you have seen your doctor and she has examined you then I would be reassured by that.

Thanks for the reply annie, I know i should stop worrying but i can't even though i have been to the doctor. I feel as if my life has been took over because im constantly worrying.

I have similar symptoms to you Chris with the added severe neck stiffness (which sets off alarm bells in some doctors)

I've had 2 neurology appointments which lasted for a good hour and it was all put down to stress and anxiety.

I've never considered myself stressed (aside from when I was working) but anxiety I guess is stress in another form.

Hope you feel better soon

Hey Chester, thanks for the reassuring reply. I do stress and worry alot and when i do my headaches feel alot more painful so im hoping it is caused by anxiety and not anything serious. I'm going back to the doctors today because I have a wierd tingling sensation in my left hand which I've never had before and i still have the headache. I also made a big mistake by looking on google so im extremely worried

I get these when its warmer weather or stuffy! I once had one for 3 weeks and it just would not go away! I think they are just pressure headaches due to weather changes xx

Hi anxietyoverload, Thanks for your post. I really do hope it is because of the weather change that is causing these annoying headaches and nothing serious.

I went to the doctor again today and they don't seem to think it is anything serious so that's kind of reassuring.

hi anxiety can manifest itself in so many ways some people will get different symptoms to others but tensing up can cause headaches and head pain, your symptoms do not point to BT symptoms, the headache would be constant in the same location and would be unrelenting, you would probably have sickness, memory loss, be stumbling about, forgetting things and getting confussed BT symptoms are severe so i would not worry get ontop of the anxiety and it will get better take care and blessings

Hi aggiecuttler, Thanks for the post, it was very reassuring.

I've still got the headache and my anxiety seems to be at its worse today and I'm feeling absolutely terrified.

Has anyone else ever had a headache last this long? Im starting to get extremely worried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information