Thread: Intermittent, one sided, neck pain.

Intermittent, one sided, neck pain.

Hey everyone, I thought I'd managed to beat off my health anxiety but it seems to be coming back now. :(

In just over the last week I've been getting mostly one sided neck pain that comes with either an ear ache and/or a headache or just the neck pain. It's intermittent and just seems to come on randomly.

Now I stupidly searched for "intermittent pain in neck" on google and one link mentioned cervical artery dissection, so now I'm here panicing that I'm going to have a stroke at any moment and no one will be around to help.

Earlier today I also had a sudden heart pounding that lasted like 3 seconds and then disappeared but left me quite shocked, so that's certainly not helping how I feel.

Also I'm not near my registered GP right now so will have to try get an appointment as a temporary resident tomorrow provided see tomorrow. Edit: Nevermind, just realised it's the weekend and GPs are closed, welp!

Pls halp. :(
    Last edited by nocchi; 17-08-13 at 22:01.

Re: Intermittent, one sided, neck pain.

Quote Originally Posted by nocchi View Post
    Hey everyone, I thought I'd managed to beat off my health anxiety but it seems to be coming back now. :(

In just over the last week I've been getting mostly one sided neck pain that comes with either an ear ache and/or a headache or just the neck pain. It's intermittent and just seems to come on randomly.

Now I stupidly searched for "intermittent pain in neck" on google and one link mentioned cervical artery dissection, so now I'm here panicing that I'm going to have a stroke at any moment and no one will be around to help.

Earlier today I also had a sudden heart pounding that lasted like 3 seconds and then disappeared but left me quite shocked, so that's certainly not helping how I feel.

Also I'm not near my registered GP right now so will have to try get an appointment as a temporary resident tomorrow provided see tomorrow.

Pls halp. :(
    Been having the neck thing for a while now, dunno whats causing it but it often amplifies if i rub the area, may be muscular. But it never reaches the ear.

Yeah it's also tender to touch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nocchi View Post
    Yeah it's also tender to touch for me.
    I looked up a location of glands, is seems a gland is where the area of the pain is coming from, so i doubt its got anything to do with veins.

Thread Information