Thread: Pain in front of neck

Pain in front of neck

Hi

I am new to this, but I have suffered from health anxiety for a few years now. I am currently pregnant, and my anxiety is through the roof. For the past two days or so I have been having a very dull ache in the front of my neck, a little to the right, directly in the middle. It only hurts when I lift my head and sometimes when I turn my head. I don't have any pain when swallowing, but an intermittent sore and itchy throat. I can't feel anything there, but it's making me seriously freak out. I googled (MISTAKE) and things from throat cancer thyroid cancer trachea cancer comes up. I have an appt with my OB this week and will bring it up, but has anyone experienced this?

Re: Pain in front of neck

If you already have anxiety, you are going to be hypersensitive to everything so first off it's normal to have bad anxiety when your body is changing and being flooded with pregnancy hormones.

You should have a search through the forum as they were a few women who posted a lot when they were pregnant, one of whom had a phobia of the whole thing but she still managed to get through it all in the end.

Symptoms are not always related. The ache might just be due to sleeping funny, sore muscles. The sore throat might just be a sore throat. I do remember my throat itching when I had throat infections. Ice cream can help and you can get throat spray that numbs up your throat.

Gargle with warm salt water until you see the doctor and maybe try some antibacterial throat sweets, you can ones that numb the throat too.

Eh every symptoms is a symptom of cancer, nausea is a symptom of cancer and it's also a symptom of a tummy bug or just an anxious tummy.

Since you have health anxiety stay away from google. I developed mild health anxiety after innocently watching ER/Hospital type tv shows. I remember freaking out after Googling heart beat on my tummy and was so scared I'd drop down dead. That was years ago now and I'm still here : )

Your neck is full of muscles, it might help to look at a diagram showing the muscles, often they are connected so if your jaw is tense it can affect the muscles on your head, face and neck.

If the pain is in the area of your thyroid ask the doctor to have a feel around.

Thread Information