Thread: Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy

Anyone have good hypnotherapy resources that you use?

I mostly go to youtube and listen to some of them. I find the ones by David Fairweather to be quite good.

There seems to be quite a few on youtube but its having time to listen to them all

Re: Hypnotherapy

Hi there

Hypnotherapy isn't magic and those recordings you can buy or listen to online are a one-size-fits-all approach. As such they are of limited use. You'd be far better off finding a well trained therapist who could see you as an individual rather than as a "problem" which a few trancy words could hope to help.

Best wishes

Paul (hypnotherapist)

stevegjones.com

His cd's are very effective, affordable ($30) and have been very helpful to me in the past. Plus you can use them whenever you want.

See one for real, if you can afford it. I see a lady weekly for £60/hour and she is fantastic. We spend 50/50 doing talking then actual hypnosis, it is so much better as she can set me little challenges, 'homework' for our next session, and can tailor it all to my needs.

I have a recording of her she sent me too which i listen to every night before bed which is great for general relaxation. If you can afford it 100% go with the real thing, you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Hi there

Hypnotherapy isn't magic and those recordings you can buy or listen to online are a one-size-fits-all approach. As such they are of limited use. You'd be far better off finding a well trained therapist who could see you as an individual rather than as a "problem" which a few trancy words could hope to help.

Best wishes

Paul (hypnotherapist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    See one for real, if you can afford it. I see a lady weekly for £60/hour and she is fantastic. We spend 50/50 doing talking then actual hypnosis, it is so much better as she can set me little challenges, 'homework' for our next session, and can tailor it all to my needs.

I have a recording of her she sent me too which i listen to every night before bed which is great for general relaxation. If you can afford it 100% go with the real thing, you will not be disappointed.
    Hi, So sorry to hijack the thread! Just wondering if you could tell me whether hynotherapy is helpful for social anxiety and specific phobias (toilet phobia) I tried CBT but didn't seem to help much for the toilet phobia and isn't long enough to deal with SA. I'm getting fed up with waiting 8+ months to be referred for a short session of CBT that doesn't seem to help much. I did try hypnotherapy once for a taster session but because my anxiety is so severe I couldn't sit still let alone concentrate! However I am now due to start meds so hoping these will calm me enough to participate this time around.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Thread Information