Thread: Senna and Picolax not working???

Senna and Picolax not working???

I took my 5 senna at 2pm, and my picolax at 6pm and loads of water. Just weeing. Am worried they won't do the colonoscopy tomorrow if things don't shift. I am due to take moviprep at 7am. Any advice when this starts to work? Sorry to post twice today but I am just very anxious. Thanks in advance

Re: Senna and Picolax not working???

Sorry I can't help, just wanted to say that I am having a colonoscopy at the end of September. I was given 3 sachets of picalax to be taken over the day but didn't get anything else.

Let me know how it goes?

I was only given one sachet of picolax but do have the other stuff. Still waiting lol. I have a feeling I will be turned away tomorrow!

It should be instant!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It worked within half an hour with me , I seem to remember there was a leaflet explaining what you should do if it didn't work, I think you had to phone a number and speak to someone at the hospital / clinic you are having it done at and they would advice you.

Well it did work eventually.....took 3 hours and 45 minutes after the picolax. I was on the loo for 15 minutes and that was it. No pain at all and hardly any warning! Am now on the moviprep and drinking it over the next hour - fingers crossed that doesn't take as long to work. There wasn't a phone number to ring if it didn't work but there is a number on there for during normal office hours so will ring later if this moviprep doesn't shift some more lol. Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 ----------

The moviprep is working. Again, no pain or urgency but just feels like a little wind coming on to tell me its time to go.

Hi Sarahjane

Did you have the colonoscopy done today and did it go ok?

Kx

Yes, I had it done - will start a new post :-) Thank you x

Thread Information