Thread: Dreading Holiday

Dreading Holiday

Hi

I am a single mother with 2 boys aged 8 and 11.
    I have been with my partner for 18 months and we are going to Australia for three weeks for his brothers wedding.
    We are not taking my children due to financial reasons and taking them out of school.
    We are also going with his parents and renting a house with them.
    Since the holiday was arranged I have been unsure whether I have wanted to go but finally decided I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't take such an opportunity.
    Now the holiday is approaching (2 weeks) and I am feeling nothing but dread.
    Mostly, my fears are leaving my children for such a long period of time, although I know they will be happy and safe with their father and my mother.
    Other worries I have are living with his parents (although they are perfectly lovely) I just think it will be a little claustraphobic.
    I have spoken to my partner about this and he is reassuring saying we will be spending lots of time alone, etc.
    I should be looking forward to this holiday of a life time but I keep wishing I'd never agreed to it in the first place - as its all been paid for I feel it would be impossible to get out at this stage.
    I just wish I could look forward to it instead of feeling anxiety and dread at the thought of it!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Maggee

Hi there, i know how you feel because last year my husband and i went to spain staying with his dad and stepmum...
    Like you i was exited, but dreading being in such an enclosed environment. I did have a few 'wobbly' moments, but i confided in his stepmum, and found it a real help to tell her exactly what my fears were. She was very understanding, and that gave me the confidence to enjoy the rest of the holiday.
    What a fantastic opportunity to go to oz! I do hope you go and really enjoy it. Remember a problem shared is a problem halved and all that!
    Good luck, Love India xxx

Hi maggie,sorry your feeling so low at the mo.Like india says a problem shared is a problem halved.Try talking to his parents,they may surprise you and understand.Your children will be ok,and 3 weeks will fly by.Its a trip of a life time and you will be back before you know it.All the best.

Ellen XX

Hello maggie, go have a fab time, i to am going on a holiday of a life time next year ,mine is to new zealand. I found a post from nigel extremly helpful . as i see it if you do,nt want to go you will make excuses if you want to go you will. happy ho;idays lorraine

Thread Information