Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So worried about having my eye exam next week :(

So worried about having my eye exam next week :(

The last time I've had an eye exam was about 4 years ago, I'm going next week but I'm so scared cause I have brain tumour anxiety and have lots of eye symptoms :(

I've had head pains for over 10 years but it seems like in the last 3 years my symptoms have become worse. I now can't lie on my sides cause I get head pains, I also get forehead pressure when I lie flat. I get dizziness but mostly when I'm anxious. Also things such as twitching and ear pains. I also get a cold or hot feeling in my head, when I look down I get forehead pain and feel a but dizzy, and when I look up I get top of head pain.

Along with these symptoms, it seems like I get a lot of vision disturbances. 4 years ago my eye doctor told me I have a floater in my right eye, which I always see when I look at the sky. I also sometimes see little black spots floating around very fast, these come out of nowhere any time of day. I also sometimes see small flashes of lights, and sometimes at night time if I have my room dark it feels like there is something blocking my vision in my right eye. But if I turn the light on it goes back to normal, my eyes always feel tired and dry. Sometimes if I look at something that is on a black background and has white writing, it looks weird almost like it doubles and it has a shadow behind it. This really worries me because most of my brain tumour symptoms are right sided. I'm scared my eye doctor will see something bad :( any advice?

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Anyone?

Re: So worried about having my eye exam next week :(

Did you leave it for 4 years because you were scared to get it checked?

You just have to go and get it done and deal with whatever they say but it should hopefully be nothing to worry about.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes, I did leave it for 4 years.
    But I used to go every 2 years before that, do you think they would have noticed something back then? Especially since I've had symptoms for so long

I go every 2 years and things change so they could easily change in 4 years.

I can't 2nd guess what they will find but you are young so it is unlikely to be anything serious and won't be anything like a brain tumour.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank for the ressurance.
    I'm really hoping its nothing serious, but my eye disturbances really worry me. :(

You may just need glasses and that could be the issues with the headaches as well so easily fixed.

Maybe, but the last few times they told me my eyes are great and I still had headaches back then

Anyone else?

Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms, headaches in particular! Obviously though as your having some eye problems it's always best to get them checked out. I got freaked out by my eye floaters the other week so went to the opticians on Friday. I was so nervous but I did it, it was fine and I'm really glad I got them checked out. You have to ask yourself would going for a checkup be worse than the constant stress and worry? Maybe there's a simple solution that can help with your symptoms? I don't want to worry you but the flashes and curtain over your eyes does need to be checked out, not to say you have a brain tumour but those are signs of eye problems so you really need to get that seen to. I know it's scary but you really must go for the sake of your health. Wishing you well, let us know how you get on.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

I have all your eye symptoms and also an optician phobia. Floaters are very normal and the more stressed or panicked I get the more my vision blurs so bad I cant read a text message, but then it comes back. My son has flashes and a curtain type effect come over his eye when he has a migraine so it isn't always serious. He has been checked by an ophthalmic hospital x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information