Thread: Interviews!!

Interviews!!

Hi Everyone! I have just joined the site and i think it is wonderful...never thought a site like this really was out there. Anyway my problem (well one of them) is interviews!.....i hate them with a passion! I have been out of work for 2 months because i cant do interviews,i get so nervous,heart beats out of my chest,sweating,stutter and shake! I always went for temp jobs with a recruitment agency and they put you straight into a job without a interview........until the other day i got a call from a recruitment consultant asking me would i be able to attend a quick interview with a job thats just down the road from me. Well i really couldnt refuse as i badly need the money and also to pay my rent so i said yes. Since a put down the phone i started to get very bad panic attacks just thinking about the interview which was the next day. I hardly got any sleep and got up so early the next morning counting down the hours until the interview. I put on my best suit and got the short bus journey down to the BIG building where i had to meet with the woman who was going to interview me.....i was shaking! To cut a long story short the interview wasnt as bad as i thought it would be....yes i was very nervous and i felt so dizzy all the way through out the interview but i tryed to keep it together and realise i got to do this and do something every day that scares me. Well i got the interview and start monday!! i couldnt believe it, i could have kissed her when she told me! I know the panic attacks wouldnt go away yet but i will have to learn to live with it and not to let it take over my life...im only 25. Thank you for reading my short story.......im sure there are more to come!!:(

WELL DONE PIXIE!!!! im terrified of interviews too you are very brave!!! i recently applied for a job and got myself in a state about the interview only to not get offered one lol what a waste of energy!!!

anyhow the best of luck in your new job

take care

kaz

Thank you Kazzie! The interview could have been alot worse but she was mostly taking about the company and i started to relax until she stopped and asked me ' so tell me about yourself and what you have been doing?'.........Jesus i could feel my heart jump to my mouth,head getting dizzy,feeling like the room was closing in around me and getting shakey!....i really dont remember what i said but it was short and sweet! Interviews and flying seem to be my biggest fears,i need control in my life. I suffered very bad afew years ago with panic attacks for awhile but they calmed down...lets hope they dont start up again in a big way! I wish i could get rid of them....why did they ever start and why to me??????? grrrrrrrrr [V]

*I just wana be somebody else*

[Wow!]well done!!!!!!!!You brave pixie,I cant even apply for a job.You must be so proud.Im well chuffed for you.

Ellen XX

Thats lovely news Pixie !

Congratulations on your new job !

You did so well with the interview, its a matter of learning that the panic wont hurt us, and you just proved that to yourself.

WELL DONE !! IM THRILLED FOR YOU !

Love

Andrea
    xxx

I dont think ive met such nice people! Cheers for reading and the support! Does anyone else have any problems/horror stories about interviews? Be great to hear them

Pixie

Hi there and welcome aboard.

Wow well done you on the interview and congratulations on the new job.

It is amazing what we can do when we really want to and push ourselves.

You may regret asking about other people's experience cos here are some links LOL....

Job Interview
    Interview coming up and worrying already...
    Job Interview Today - advice greatly appreciated
    Job interview - how do i control my nerves?
    Help!! Job interview tomorrow
    went for a job interview today.
    fear of job interviews
    some advice please about back to work interview
    job interview
    At last........an interview!
    Interview tomorrow
    Job Interview

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola