Thread: 2nd hand smoke

2nd hand smoke

our next door neighbours smoke so much that we can smell it in our rooms, and its so bad as if someones actually sitting in the room smoking, it actually chokes you and sometimes its a really bad stale smell of it. I was just wondering if anyone thought this was still classed as passive smoking? Like 2nd hand smoke. It gets me down because i dont want it to affect my breathing or my kids but its that strong and it goes on until about 3amish in the morning, we have our windows open wide to try and vent off but no difference. Just want to know if this is dangerous?

Re: 2nd hand smoke

How does the smoke get in to your house?

Surely if you have the windows open it will be coming in there though?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: 2nd hand smoke

Quote Originally Posted by xJust_Sarahx View Post
    our next door neighbours smoke so much that we can smell it in our rooms, and its so bad as if someones actually sitting in the room smoking, it actually chokes you and sometimes its a really bad stale smell of it. I was just wondering if anyone thought this was still classed as passive smoking? Like 2nd hand smoke. It gets me down because i dont want it to affect my breathing or my kids but its that strong and it goes on until about 3amish in the morning, we have our windows open wide to try and vent off but no difference. Just want to know if this is dangerous?
    It won't do you any harm as the smoke cannot be going into your lungs from that far. I know you are worried obviously but it's the smell of the ciggies that is the worst. I can smell when someone around here lights up even if my windows are closed! I gave up 4 years ago and really have a problem with the smoke smell!

Please don't worry about it if you can help it as it really is not affecting your family's lungs or breathing, if that were the case, we would all be affected coz we all live next door to someone who smokes surely.

Els
    x

Thread Information