Thread: More scared than ever now!

More scared than ever now!

I suffer with terrible HA and because of having diarrhoea off an on for over 3 weeks managed to get to gp. She said she is sure that the d (and weight loss which she says is of course due to having no appetite) is nothing but to put my mind at rest sent me for blood tests for cancer of stomach, bowel and pancreas. The reason I find it odd is because I told her I was worried about stomach and bowel cancer but never mentioned pancreatic cancer so why would she include that test if theyre only being done to put my mind at rest. Probably sounds really stupid and again I am over analysing but cant get it out of mind. Now I have the long wait for the results

Re: More scared than ever now!

I am not too sure but I suppose she is just being really thorough and ruling out pancreatic problems, it does not have to always be cancer though, she could be checking pancreatic enzymes just to be sure they are ok.

It turns out that one of the blood tests is also for ovarian cancer, she never told me that either. I cant go on like this, the way I feel at the moment I dont know how Im going to make it to getting the results. My whole body is shaking, Im sweating profusely and the thought of food makes me feel sick. Im sure Ive lost more weight but am too scared to weigh myself. I cant carry on like this, its just not possible. I have never felt like this in my life and cant control anything. Dont think theres any more tears to come.

Try and focus on what the doctor said to you - that she's doing these tests to put your mind at ease. She's a professional, and she's not worried, so that needs remembering.

The diarrhea could've been anything - we all get it time to time, even our pets do! And not eating will continue to give you very loose motions, as there's nothing going in to create any bulk.

Not eating will not only sap you of strength, but it will actually make you feel poorly, adding to the mental stress.

Just try and calm down, and see if you can just get some toast or soup down you.

hadenough i feel sad for you because i KNOW this feeling too well what your dr is doing is checking the big things out before they sort out the actual problem its not cos they defo think that its because if and i mean if they ignored anything serious they can be sued later its more to cover themselves IF any thing was wrong and thats a massive if.so relax a bit ifyou can which i know you wont Good luck try to eat a bit too thats important

Ive got an appointment tomrorrow but not sure if the test results will be back yet. She said they should take about a week and tomorrow is 8 days, she said I should make an appointment for 10 days but tomorrow is the nearest I could get. I have never felt so ill in my life as I have the last couple of weeks and I know Im still losing weight, nothing fits now. My appointment isnt til 2.20 tomorrow so god knows how Im going to get through the day. If any of the tests are positive thats it as far as Im concerned. There is no way I could cope with having what I fear.

I am sure it will be nothing sinister and if it is then you WILL cope trust me.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Am updating my posts about my latest scare re stomach issues. Got the results of the blood tests today and theyre all normal, now comes the problem of convincing myself that it really is ok. Bloody HA rules my life!!

Congrats about your normal results, try to celebrate a little!

Thread Information