Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having a downer....

Having a downer....

I'm sure it's just a phase as I've been here before. Sometimes when you are recovering from depression it does feel like a roller coaster. I have been doing really well the last couple of months but I feel rather tired at the moment. Well if I'm honest, very tired. More mentally than physically.
    Maybe it's that I'm dealing with many different things, like trying to stay assertive at work (I have a couple of colleagues that would put on me or walk all over me if I let them). Also I'm trying to help my partner be more positive & independent (& at the same time get some freedom to be myself as well). I suppose it all takes alot of effort....
    Also I am trying to change habits dating back decades and some destructive habits or behaviours I've had all my life.
    I keep reminding myself of what I'd say to anyone else in this situation & practice what I preach. Why is it we find it hard to take our own advice and/or be kind to ourselves?
    Whatever happens I'm not going to give in, I will keep at it. Hugs to anyone who is feeling the same..... and hugs to everyone else at NMP coz you are all wonderful. Oooops now I feel tearful! Going to get my head down now & get busy at work. Distraction, distraction......

Re: Having a downer....

Quote Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
    I'm sure it's just a phase as I've been here before. Sometimes when you are recovering from depression it does feel like a roller coaster. I have been doing really well the last couple of months but I feel rather tired at the moment. Well if I'm honest, very tired. More mentally than physically.
    Maybe it's that I'm dealing with many different things, like trying to stay assertive at work (I have a couple of colleagues that would put on me or walk all over me if I let them). Also I'm trying to help my partner be more positive & independent (& at the same time get some freedom to be myself as well). I suppose it all takes alot of effort....
    Also I am trying to change habits dating back decades and some destructive habits or behaviours I've had all my life.
    I keep reminding myself of what I'd say to anyone else in this situation & practice what I preach. Why is it we find it hard to take our own advice and/or be kind to ourselves?

Whatever happens I'm not going to give in, I will keep at it. Hugs to anyone who is feeling the same..... and hugs to everyone else at NMP coz you are all wonderful. Oooops now I feel tearful! Going to get my head down now & get busy at work. Distraction, distraction......
    Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a downer, it happens to us all but don't let it get you down. I have enjoyed reading your posts since I joined NMP you give excellent support and advice to others. Good for you that you are not going to give in, I have to keep saying this mantra to myself everyday, I won't let this beat me. We need to fight on Tessar and we will get there, be kind to yourself and this is only a blip. Hope you feel better soon Kim xx

HUGS FOR YOU TESSAR.
    and anyone else feeling low like me too today

You're a strong lady Tessar, you'll get through this

I am feeling a bit low myself this week so what would I say to you, then maybe I could listen to myself
    I think everyone gets some not so good weeks, so why should we be any different to normal? Look at all your achievements Tessar, you ARE an inspiration. Make a list of all the things you have achieved this year that you couldn't have done last year. The list will be long. Maybe you just need a week of rest because all these achievements have tired you out Be kind to yourself this week, relax and don't push your self too far. I think that is all it is. sometimes when we are doing so well we push ourselves that little bit more and we exhaust ourselves. I know for me when I feel well I think I have to work so hard and get everything done just in case I get anxious again and can't do it!
    You also need hugs, even though you are but unsure about them, you are getting lots

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

2 of the hugs were naughty and escaped!

You have a lot of plates in the air at the moment, so take a little me time and perhaps slow down a little and give yourself a big pat on the back for everything you have achieved.

Thank you............. you're all so kind....... it's good to know that if you're having an off few days or whatever that there are people who you can guarantee will make you feel better...... + =

I also have my down times, with me though, I think it's more Sad times as I really feel sad. I've had them all of my life, even before I started to suffer with depression.

As you say Tessar, recovery is never straight forward, it has lots of ups, down, twists and turns.

We all need to remember that these are all only temporary and we'll get through them, it's not nice and it can feel very isolating even if you have partners and family and friends, you kind of feel like your living in your own bubble and that no one can reach you.

But you have done so well Tessar, just look at all the things you've been able to achieve this year, so you are moving in the right direction hun.

Another thing that has just come to my mind, is that because we have depressive of sad spells and we are in recovery, it's pretty easy for us to become burned out, our minds can only deal with so much.

Tessar I would say use this time to really relax, chill out and do lots of what you really enjoy doing, this will help build you back up again, even though it's hard, try not to get too disheartened, keep telling yourself that you're doing well and this will pass

thinking of you.

Awwwwwwww thank you Yvonne & moosie. It's good to hear everyone's words. They are really helpful. I'm glad to say that my afternoon was better. I had a bike ride after work too and that's something that I really do enjoy, it's a total break from reality. It makes me feel free. I know you are all right. It is a passing phase. I think from time to time maybe things do build up because you are dealing with so much. I suppose each time you start to feel like you are really winning, you start to hope that all the crap has gone forever. So of course if some of these emotions return, it does feels like "here we go again". But I do know.... And thank you for reminding me that this is temporary. It's all part of working the rubbish out of your head.
    So yeah I have tomorrow off and that means a 4day break. Yipeee. I will take your advice people's and chill out.
    All those hugs too (even if 2 of yours did get away Annie). I am very lucky.
    Oh and I will make a list of the things I have achieved as well.... :-)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information