Thread: Echo results

Echo results

I recently had a heart monitor, bp monitor, ECG and an echo. I need to have this as I was due to have a hysterectomy but at the last minute it got cancelled as I got myself in such a state that my heart rate and bp went through the roof so they postponed the operation until I had the heart tests done. Well I got the letter from cardiologist saying everything was perfectly normal and it is fine for me to have my operation. Well I have had to go to a different hospital now as my surgeon has left the hospital, therefore my new surgeon had to get all my relevant health notes, I received a letter from him detailing the date of my operation etc but also it had my hear tests results in detail it said I had an ectopic episode, bracacardia at 4 am on one occasion and mild mr trace. Now I'm petrified of what this means I've looked online and mr normally means a leaky heart valve. I'm obsessed with dying of a heart attack and this is where my health anxiety is based which I suffered for 8 years meaning lots of trips to gp's and tests. I can't understand why my cardiologist said everything was fine. Does anyone know if this is a common finding. In my cardiologist letter he even said I don't need any follow up appointments,reviews or medication.

Re: Echo results

they probably just want to be certain before you undergo an operation i am sure its all normal they just want to be overly certain so thats a good thing good luck and blessings

I am pretty sure that trace mitral regurgitation is nothing to worry about. I have read loads of heart/cardiology web sites because of my pvcs and trace mr is usually dismissed as common and insignificant.

If you google 'trace mitral regurgitation doctors lounge' it will bring up a forum where a cardiac technician explains that it us is common and harmless. Cant do links on my tablet.

I think the other stuff found is fairly common too - I have hundreds sometimes thousands of ectopics a day and still my gp isn't concerned. The heart beats 100,000 times a day - it's not a machine, so it would be virtually impossible for it not to have ectopics, tachy or brachycardia phases, or other normal variations in rhythm when recorded over a long period.

Thank you so much for your replies I am so scared I have suffered with health anxiety for so long and it s mainly about my heart so this has made my anxiety go sky high. I keep reading the letter from the cardiologist that says everything is perfectly normal, but then I read my gynacologist letter and keep worrying about the mild mr trace. And worry, see that's how my mind works it always picks up on the negatives. I really hope I am ok I am so scared that I will die during this operation

Thread Information