Thread: Depersonalisation

Depersonalisation

I've been having depersonalised states these past few weeks :( This morning I felt like I was dreaming when I clearly wasn't. I was walking down my street and it just felt unreal :/ All my emotions feel much less intense. The weird thing is it isn't really a "bad" feeling, just odd. In a way I kind of prefer to feel like that rather than an anxious mess. It only seems to happen when I feel really anxious. It's almost like my mind can't cope and it's shutting down on me a bit.

Since I know it's a symptom of my anxiety should I see my GP about this? I know what's causing it and I've done a bit of research and know I'm not completely losing my mind.

Re: Depersonalisation

you can see your gp if you wanted medication for your anxiety but other than that its normally somwthing rhat passes in time. ive had it aswell but i really didnt like it x

I'm already on medication. I'm on Sertraline (50mg) it seems to help a bit for my depression but not for my anxiety :( Thanks for replying though.

I have this on and off.and realy hate it..everything feels 2 d and false..hate it

Smile Re: Depersonalisation

Quote Originally Posted by gregcool View Post
    I have this on and off.and realy hate it..everything feels 2 d and false..hate it
    Hope you had a good birthday Greg

Yes i did Kim thanks

Awful,awful symptom of anxiety

Have a read I the sertraline section and ask thr same question. I felt the same on it.

Thread Information