Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat trouble

Re: Cat trouble

Thanks again for all the replies. Update: Bertie has had an upset stomach. He has had sickness and runny diahorrea (tmi) I should have responded sooner as he hasn't been able to keep anything down. It has been coming out of both ends. We think that it was something he picked up in the cattery. I took him to the vets and he has kaolin mixture and something else like pepto bismol for cats.Problem is that I have to pretend I'm a mummy cat to give it to him otherwise he claws me to pieces. He is a lot better and has eaten some chicken and drunk some water tonight but still runny tummy. He is such a good boy and uses him tray with very few accidents. The chicken was wolfed down as I only gave him a tiny amount. I have had to wash my fluffy dressing gown as it is the only way I can stop being scratched. Poor Bertie.

Awwww poor Bertie!!! Poor you too going thro all this with him. Glad he is on the mend.

Thanks Tessar he is a good patient. EJ

They know when you are looking after them don't they?

More Updates. Bertie is improving by the day. He ate a small bowl of chopped chicken last night and managed to keep it down. His poos are still very smelly so not quite back to normal I managed to give him most of his medicine this morning and I haven't noticed any evidence of cat bms. I am not feeding him at bedtime. He comes for his tea about 5pm and apart from water that is it.He has also caught a mouse this morning but has not eaten it. Phoebe has not has the bug which is a relief as I would not be able to give her any medicine. I would be scratched to pieces. EJ.

Update on my two cats behavioural problems. I have managed to get both cats to sleep together in the kitchen with a litter tray. It is a positive result and have seen Phoebe use the the tray! She still growls when Bertie goes near her but does not always swipe. He never retaliates or hisses - nothing. Next task is to stop Bertie sleeping on the kitchen table. Cats are not allowed on the table. EJ

It's great there is progress!

As for cats on the table, my cat has so many behavioural problems that I pick my battles. Scratching the sofa and sitting on the dinner table are ones I let slide. Just wipe down before eating.

You could try making a shaker with pebbles in a tin, and shake it every time Bertie gets on the table. The risk is that he learns only to stay off the table when you're looking! You could also place small item around the edge of the table to stop him jumping up. Cats often like high places. If they're not the best of friends, Bertie may feel safer on the table where he could see if Phoebe came near. You could try offering an alternative, such as a climbing tower, if you have space in there! As winter comes he might prefer a cosy basket by the radiator anyway.

Good luck with it, cats can be very willful creatures!

Thanks Edie he is not afraid of anything. He does watch Phoebe from the table and jumps on her! I wash the table down before we use it but jumping up on the tablea was something that Phoebe never did. Pebble in a jar seems a good idea. Hopefully I have cracked the poo on the hall carpet by shutting them both in the kitchen. There have been no more accidents. EJ

my cat has no restrictions and we have an electronic cat flap. hes also got a dog bed gets groomed once a week and has special dietary food from Serbia.

ElizabethJane; How r things with Phoebe & Bertie's behavioural problems?
    Our cat still gets terrorised by a local Tom..... She also misbehaves .... Scratches the settee .... Not sure how to stop that happening??!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information