Thread: Can't live like this much longer

Can't live like this much longer

I've had health anxiety for 18 years really thought I had cracked it in the last 3 years after CBT then I get a fast heart beat in the night and its back with an absolute vengeance. My cholesterol is high and the dr thinks my fast heart beats could be svp my anxiety is absolutely through the roof I feel sick with it and starting to struggle to function. Increase my anti depressants but not convinced they will help. Had enough of living like this don't feel it will ever ever end.

Re: Can't live like this much longer

hi poppy, Just wanted to let you know youre not alone. I feel exactly the same, I am at the end of my tether with my ha, its getting all too much and I cant see an end to it. I wish I could help you more but can only say I know how youre feeling. xxx

Thank you it's nice to know that it's not just me. At times I feel I'm losing my mind and should anything happen to me at least I won't feel like this anymore thanks for your comment means a lot xx

No problem poppy. Im in the middle of a panic attack at the moment, theyre so awful and I always think the worst. Its definitely ruling my life at the moment, everything else has gone out of the window. Im waiting for the results of blood tests as the gp cant convince me that Im not seriously ill and the wait is crippling. Im glad it helps you to know youre not alone xxx

Hi Guys,

I know you may not want to take more medication but Propranolol completely stopped my panic attacks. I had 1 a week or so after starting them, but then not had one since (this was late March).

My gp told me that if I have svp they treat it with beta blockers I'm just worried because it something that's artificially slowing my heart but I think I will try them. Never really suffered from panic attacks as such until last month they are so scary I can't calm down but Bach rescue remedy does help x

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

How frequently and bad were the panic attacks keekee

They were awaking me at night for 4 nights and they literally lasted the whole night until I eventually went to A&E (I didn't know what a panic attack was). Once I had an ok Ecg I was ok for the 3 day's until my doctors appointment. I then had one the following Friday but I had went to bed seriously thinking I had a heart condition, so woke up before midnight in the midst of a panic attack.
    Havent had one since and I genuinely believe it's because the Propranalol.

Hi there everyone I too get really bad panic attacks brought on by my health anxiety I find I get I'll all the time so it just keeps the horrid horrid cycle going feel so stressed out and sad but glad to hear propanalol has worked might ask my gp just one question do you ever get adrenaline rushes with panic ?

I thought panic attacks were caused from Adrenaline rushes? So yes I do.

I feel pumped full of adrenaline all the time Im having a panic attack and I also think that thats what causes the attacks.

Thread Information