Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Tufty's diary

Re: Stopping Fluoxetine after 9 years

That is a big dose increase katy but you probs need to go to max strength to help you through your terrible time. hugs xxx

Sam it's great to hear you are starting to feel a little bit better, I am still on 7.50mg's but will up to 10mg as soon as my little boy goes back to school next week then if i do get se's I can cope better if i am on my own with them. At 9 he's still a pesky thing, ha ha! You have done so well and being so brave to move up to the dose you are on so fast (: I've had couple of blip days since Christmas but think it was hormones playing up as per.

Day 15 9mg Escitalopram
    I'm sleeping better - deeper and for longer and actually woke this morning feeling comfy with myself, I didn't think thank god it's time to get up, I didn't feel 'oh no' how am I going to get through today or any such thoughts, I was able to stay in bed, read and relax and it was such a relief. I have had a few moments during the day, it's not like I'm back to normal but to wake feeling OK helped alot.
    So todays been a 6/10 - I feel I'm back to where I was 3 weeks ago before starting the medication, the side effects have settled and I'm feeling hopeful.
    Happy New Year to everyone
    Love Sam

Sam that is fantastic news, hope it keeps up!! Happy New Year (:

Day 16, 9mg
    Sleep - OK
    Appetite - eating too much - nausea has completely gone
    Physically - more energy, less achey, no muscle twitches, a few palpitations and chest tightness but nothing much, no sweating and very few hot flashes
    Mentally - low, not enjoying much, no panic attacks but continue to feel anxious.
    Could be worse I guess, plodding on
    Sam

Sam you are doing just great and probs still experiencing side effects like the anxiety and stuff because you have kept increasing where as I have given each dose time to settle so I've had really good days despite having to take Lorazepam. I'll only get off it once i reach the correct dose of Cipralex for me but I am feeling 8.5/10 good today and that's after taking a full 10mg pill last night by accient, I wasn't meant to start it until next week so I woke up feeling horrible, really anxious and super depressed, you can really feel the increases can't you!
    Are you going to stick at 10mg's once you get there or keep going up? I'm good most of the day whilst I've been on 7.50mg's but it's just cracking those mornings for me so I can get off the sedatives so I am hoping 10mg's is going to do it for me which is the equivelant of 20mg's of normal Citalopram and apart from last time I was on it worked great for me the other 3 times.
    I really hope you settle on a dose soon (:

Thanks Karen, I'm going to stick at 10mg, I was on 60mg of Prozac a week for years instead of the 20mg daily dose and it kept me well so I don't believe I'll need more than that.
    I'm still on 9mg, I also feel each increase but like you say I'm in very early days so most of that will be side effects I guess. I'm inpatient and keen to get well hence the fairly quick rise, I'm planning on going up to 10 on Friday. Feeling low still but better than a week ago. I've been to the gym and have a few things to do today and feel quite motivated
    Love Sam

Day 18, 9mg
    Had a OK day yesterday, not good but had worse. Later in the afternoon I started with the tingly mouth feeling and heavy chest, it lasted until bedtime but I did sleep OK.
    I feel far from well and right but better than 2 weeks ago. I'm not back at work yet, I was due back yesterday but don't want to go back yet, I guess I could if I really wanted to but I don't, I feel lethargic and wanting to take some time off, not like me at all - I'm usually wanting to rush back to distract from how I feel but I want to spend time at home and relax a little.
    I've not got much to do today which is fine with me, just trying to go with the flow a bit.

You have some time off Sam and think of yourself before work, work can wait and you need to be right to go back darl. Hopefully you are going to start feeling so much beter once you have bene on the Cipralex 6 weeks (:

Sam how are you?

Day 20, 10mg - I'm going to stick with this dose now
    Thanks for your concern Karen, I don't know why I haven't been posting much, it's not like I'm doing much but time is kind of passing me by.
    I'm doing OK, I am feeling the effects of the increase, well I think I am but it's such early days on the Escitalopram so it could be just the normal start up effects. I've had 2 nights with poor sleep, became jittery before going to bed and had difficulty getting to sleep and woke on and off through the night. I've physically felt more tense - aching chest and a mild headache, no nausea though since the increase. Mentally I feel grumpy, short tempered and miserable but no panic attacks.
    I feel emotionally numb, not horribly so, it's like I feel anxious but can't react to the feeling and although the feeling is there it is not at strong as before. My motivation is better, I've done more around the house in the last week than I have in the last 3 months and am not taking myself back to bed in the day - so even though I can't always see the improvements myself on reflection they are there.
    Hope everyone else is doing OK
    Love Sam

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information