Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tufty's diary

Re: Stopping Fluoxetine after 9 years

Thanks Guys, your comments are much appreciated
    I'm really pleased you're doing OK Bosher - Fluoxetine was great for me for years so hoping it does the same for you.
    Jarrod - I had you in mind when I was looking into changing meds knowing that you were on Escitalopram and saying how effective it was.
    I'm doing OK - I'm at work at the mo so can't write much but am holding off starting the Escitalopram until I feel I need and want to start it.
    Will catch up later
    Love
    Sam

good luck sam, hope you continue to improve xx

5 days off Prozac - feeling 6/10 today
    I slept really well with the aid of Zopiclone last night, just felt I needed something to make sure I had a good night before work today.
    Had a good day at work with little anxiety, eating normally and energy levels returning to normal. Feeling tired now and a bit tingly and achy but less anxious than of late.

Two things have happened in the past day that have made me realise just how much better I feel, firstly whilst watching fireworks last night my daughter said how amazing it would be to go to London for New Year and after discussing with my husband have decided to start looking into arranging something if not for this year, for next year. Secondly about a month ago I was invited on a spa weekend by a friend with 9 of her friends, most of whom I don't know - I couldn't even contemplate it, even though its not until February and kindly turned her down. She asked me again today, saying she'd love me to go and we'd share a room (because we both snore) but that I don't need to decide until the day before they go and I've started considering it and thinking I may enjoy it. We went to the same spa for my 40th and I really enjoyed it, it was very relaxing and good fun. I've come home and discussed it with my husband who's very supportive and agrees I should go. My confidence is returning and these small things, easily overlooked, prove the change in my way of thinking.

I've done nothing different but stop the Prozac, I'm working and doing everything as normal, carrying on regardless as usual but my va va voom is returning. Early days I know and I'm not naive, I realise that there may be trouble a head but enjoying the upturn in mood and reduction in anxiety whilst it lasts. Each day like this improves my confidence which I believe will give me some resilience to any future blips.

Night all
    Samx

hi everyone, i,m new here, just joined today, i,ve been on citalopram for about 3 years now, i started on 10mg, moving on to 20mg after about 6 months, i,ve also been in therapy over the last year, my main side effects were the sickness, sleep disturbances and chronic lethargy, which, never really subsided really, so, two weeks ago i decided that i would wean myself off n see if i really needed these drugs now, i started off cutting from 20mg to 15mg for one week n then down to 10mg, i am now still on 10mg n i,m feeling much less tired, still having the nitemares but not as many or as frequent or as vivid n the sickness is much improved, next week i will be on 5mg n hopefully be drugfree by the end of the week after, love to hear from anyone else that as been scared to come off meds n as gone on to be successful, i know that i could get to 5mg and then fail but at least i,ll have cut the dosage if i take 5mg n feel better i,ll be happy, what do you think? xx

Hi Camperlady,
    It's good to hear that you've had talking therapy alongside the medication and it's a good sign that you feel ready to start reducing the meds. I was on Prozac which stays in your system for weeks so the reducing period can be quite quick but I have cut down gradually since May 2012 and so far haven't had any problems. However Citalopram clears alot quicker from your body and after 3 years your body may take some time to adjust to this reduction, would you consider staying on the 10mg for a little longer? This link is to the NICE guidance on antidepressant withdrawl http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepa...28225122296270 which GP's should refer to, it stipulates the withdrawl period for different drugs. Take care and good luck x
    Day 6 - feeling 7/10
    Not so good a nights sleep but no panic or anxiety this morning.
    Worked all day and feel more motivated since home too
    Physically - no chest pain, palpitations or nausea but still some tingling in my mouth and some abdo pain today. Less achey but had a headache for most of the day
    Emotionally - a little anxiety, no panic, not low in mood, tired but pretty darn good
    Going to do some relaxation now before getting my PJ's and watching TV in front of the fire for an hour.
    Love to all
    Sam

thanks for your advice sam, i will take it on board, i have decided to give it n extra week on 10mg n then move to 5mg, if i start to have bad reaction i will go back to 10mg for a little longer, glad to hear that you are also doing well n wish you every sucess xx

Day 7 Feeling 6/10
    Had a good day but may of overdone it as panicky tonight. Had a meeting with the childrens form tutors at 9, then spent nearly 2 hours helping my two with their history work which is something I couldn't of faced last week, walked the dog for an hour, had a massage, gardened for 2 hours, cooked tea and now feel anxious. I've not taken Diazepam for 5 days but will take a Zopiclone tonight to see if I can switch the panic off again.
    I noticed today I started thinking about some things that have been happening at work and getting cross about them even though they happened a few weeks ago - this negative thinking has contributed to my anxiety tonight. I did stop myself after a while and realised these things at work really don't matter in the big scheme of things but do question if I start thinking deeply in a negative way because the panic is looming and it's a sign or do I become anxious because of the negative thinking - I don't know which way round it is.
    Back to work tomorrow but only for a study, mandatory training day which is always a long, boring day - I'm going to try to stay focused but if that's impossible I'll try to daydream about something nice, doodle or observe and make wild assumptions about the others on the study day
    I think the anxiety has peaked for tonight and I'm pleased with how I've coped
    Night all
    Sam

Dear samhar, sending you love and support

Day 8 been a kind of 7/10 day
    I slept well with the aid of Zopiclone after a shaky, panicky evening.
    No panic on waking and had a busy day with work and a school event tonight so just got in.
    Still got the tingling in my mouth and an uneasy feeling at times but OK
    Off for 4 days now so will see how I fare whilst not working
    Love to all
    Sam

Day 9, feeling 7/10
    Had a good day but can feel the anxiety creeping in tonight.
    I've been busy - maybe a bit too busy so have stopped everything to try to still myself.
    I think it's been made worse because I've been tidying my bedroom and found some diaries dating back to 1992, even then I'd written things like 'feeling very low today', then to 2004, that's when I started the Fluox when I was going through a bad patch and wrote daily and some of it is scary. I started worrying that as the Fluox wears off those intense feelings may return, fear of fear - that's all it comes down to. I'm in a very different place now, busy, healthy and working with alot more weapons against anxiety like knowledge, experience and strategies but I still get that flash of fear deep down and have to use all these things to stop the panic escalating.
    I've not considered getting the prescription filled for the escitalopram yet, so that must be a sign that I'm doing OK
    Tingling and fizzing in my mouth and tongue is driving me to distraction tho - anyone else get this??

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information