Thread: That horrible feeling!

That horrible feeling!

For the last few days i have had the delightful feeling of being smothered and strangulated- some of you will know what i mean..i hope!
    This has been happening on and off now, not had it for a few months but has come back with avengence this week(coinciding with that time of the month!)...........I feel like i will just stop breathing its scary and horrible and i know is the result of my muscles tensing up-im very anxious at the min-due to the fact ive been worrying myself stupid over having breast cancer-so have got myself in a state!
    How does anyone else cope with this feeling? i try and distract my thoughts, but usually end up in a corner somewhere-crying.......till the feelings pass...
    thanks for readingx

Hi i have this feeling too. It just came from nowhere a few weeks ago but thanks to this site i know its stress, otherwise i'd be in a right state!!! It disappears for days on end then pops back up, try not to worry!!!

I've been like this too. I felt like I was doing really well, then suddenly it came out of nowhere and knocked me right back. It's been just over 3 weeks now and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back to normal.

My nurse friend tells me this is the way it'll be, with a few good weeks and a few bad, but eventually I will be having longer and longer good periods and less of the bad ones.

I do hope so!

Hi hun

Lots of health anxiety sufferers are worrying over BC at the moment cos of all the publicity, myself included. When it gets to December I'll probably be panicking I've got AIDS! lol! Shouldn't joke about it really cos I'll tell you what my boobs haven't had so much attention as over the last couple of weeks and awareness is not a bad thing if you actually spot something.
    Anyway do you get palpitations when you get this suffocating feeling? When I get it my palps get really bad which makes the feeling even worse.

Well you know it will pass, as you said it did before, so I guess all you can do is sit it out.

TCXX

Thread Information