Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lonely Tonight. Hubby doesn't care

Re: Lonely Tonight. Hubby doesn't care

Thanks

Same goes for you, if you ever need a friendly ear pm me

I completely know how you feel. Last night was rough for me. My husband and I were meant to go to a party, but I just couldn't do it. I let him know I was feeling down but wanted him to go and have a good night. As soon as he left I broke down and cried. He didn't even come home, he ended up staying at his friends' flat. Now it's Sunday afternoon and he still isn't home. I don't want to burden him by forcing him to stay in the flat with me but I feel so lonely.

Communication is definitely key. Let him know how you're feeling, and hopefully you can reach a compromise.

Im so sorry youre feeling lonely,

I always told my husband id never hold him back because I couldn't always go out, but he goes to his friends house every night, I go with him sometimes and have a chat with his friends wife, but I dont think asking him to stay in a few nights is anything to do with my anxiety, I just want to spend time as husband & wife,

Is your partner home yet? Must of been hard waking up alone?

I can only be me, my minds a little broken, my soul you can see, this anxiety is only apart of me, look inside there's more of me to see. One day I can be everything I want to be.& then you will see there is more to me than anxiety <

Age 33
    Agoraphobic since 2003.
    Depression.
    Anxiety

I think that's totally reasonable, and I'm sure he would understand if you told him that! Try to phrase it in a way that doesn't seem accusatory. Maybe say "I know you enjoy going out with your friends, and I'm really glad you get to do that. I would really like to at least have a couple of nights per week just as husband and wife, that would mean a lot to me."

He came home in the afternoon and we've spent the evening together after I had a little go at him. It was hard waking up alone, it worried me and I felt really upset with him. I think we've resolved it now though.

My hubby knows how I feel we've been together 4 years and he's been going out just about every night ever since,

I can't quite put my finger on why he does this, sometimes he is rather childish not in a nasty way a little bit selfish, he enjoys playing computer games & has an addictive personally where he repetitively does something he enjoys, and sitting watch tv he does not, he fidgets and doesn't enjoy it,

The thing I find hard is how he chats away to online gamers & I've said before he talks to them more than me,

Don't get me wrong he's never aggressive or nasty, he just acts like a lazy boy

He didnt have a good childhood like myself hes learnt to keep his emotions in, and has a brick wall up, like he has no worrys & lifes all fun, sometimes this is a good thing as im over emotional & worry enough for us both, but we have some money worrys, trying to move house, and starting a family, all this on my mind & hubby lost in computer games maybes its easier to avoid things that way, but I feel it makes him distant & uninterested,

Im glad your hubbys back home, and youve explained how you felt, hopefully next time you'll manage to go with him,

I can only be me, my minds a little broken, my soul you can see, this anxiety is only apart of me, look inside there's more of me to see. One day I can be everything I want to be.& then you will see there is more to me than anxiety <

Age 33
    Agoraphobic since 2003.
    Depression.
    Anxiety

I think a lot of men are like that! I have to remind myself that my husband and I settled down very young and he's still not "grown up." He can be very selfish and not communicate in an adult way, but I do feel like he's getting there slowly. Do you think your husband is improving?

My husband is 31 he had ADHD as a child & teenager so maybes he still has some of those issues

We have a very important fertility appointment tomorrow 40 miles to the hospital, im so nervous,

Hubby sat and watch a program we both enjoy this evening & then he put the next episode on, we end up watching 3 hours worth :-D

He's gone our now, but im ok as im gonna have a nice bath & iron my clothes ready,

I just hate this feeling of butterflys

Im glad it sounds like your hubby is improving im not sure men ever really grow up theyre just like big boys lol

Age 33
    Agoraphobic since 2003.
    Depression.
    Anxiety

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information