Thread: struggling to cope

struggling to cope

Hi, my names Eva I have just recently come out of a 6yr relationship which was sprung upon me whilst on a night shift. Our relationship had its complications and so on but you never quite think that it will end. It has and I'm in pieces. I understand this is a natural response and I thought I was doing well but I'm not at all. I have so much support from family and friends but I just want my partner back. I was paranoid before whilst together because of some of the things she was doing and who she was working with, supposedly I had no reason to feel like this but there was something wrong, in my head anyway. We had a house and cats together. The house is currently up for sale and was in less than a full week after she told me that she no longer wanted to be with me anymore. We had beautiful cats and 2 have found new homes which was heartbreaking.

All I do is cry. Im crying because even though I know that maybe this is the best thing for us I dont want it to be...does that make sense? I have had thoughts of taking my own life. I really want to and I know it is selfish but I want to be out of pain I dont know how to deal with these feelings. I thought we were for ever. We had plans to get married abroad and were looking into having children. My heart is 100% broken.

Please no harsh words regarding suicide I know its not the answer and it would be so hurtful for her to deal with and my family I just want to be honest so I can get the help and opinions from outsiders.

Eva

Re: struggling to cope

Things can only get better from this point on.

Stay strong.

As hard as it is and believe I have too felt this pain elji is right! If I read back on the despair I felt when my husband left me a year ago I wouldn't believe it's me! It will get better and you will feel stronger eventually! It's a cliche but it's true. Time really is the greatest healer, seek solace in your good friends and family, they will help you through this xx

It does get better in time mate.believe me..i split up after 15 years of marrige two kids house job.i lost everything as she had enough of my depression and couldnt cope with me any more..i now live in a different town with my sister in a spare room no job no friends..in the first few months i was in bits just asyou are and tryed to take my own life ..im glad i didnt know..its been 5 months and i can say if its for the best,its best it happens for you both..after a few months the pain gets less.im now at 5 months on and im feeling much better and thinking clear.i now know it was for the best for us both...stick with it and be strong...time heals and you will get through it..be strong syay possitive about the future..greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregcool View Post
    It does get better in time mate.believe me..i split up after 15 years of marrige two kids house job.i lost everything as she had enough of my depression and couldnt cope with me any more..i now live in a different town with my sister in a spare room no job no friends..in the first few months i was in bits just asyou are and tryed to take my own life ..im glad i didnt know..its been 5 months and i can say if its for the best,its best it happens for you both..after a few months the pain gets less.im now at 5 months on and im feeling much better and thinking clear.i now know it was for the best for us both...stick with it and be strong...time heals and you will get through it..be strong syay possitive about the future..greg
    For once I can say this. I am glad that you failed.

It's good that you're feeling better Greg.

Thread Information