Thread: bleeding after sex

bleeding after sex

hi im on my period but im on the mini pill cerazette so my periods are very light mostly brown blood tmi well me and my partner had sex last night only a quicky so didnt orgasm and straight after ive had some bright red bleeding do you think its just teh semen washing the blood from my cervix has anyone else experienced this without orgasm im worried because bleeding after sex is a fear of mine x

Re: bleeding after sex

Hi there i am not certain about the pill i have to be honest, but bleeding after sex should be checked out i would say, the fact the blood is bright red is a good thing as its fresh not been about for long if that makes sense but i would go to your gp for reassurance blessings

my smears are up to date and the dr says i have a cervical erosion and ive had loads of gyno test the last couple of years ive had it all checked out before but i still panic x

I regularly get this, my Pap test also up to date. It can be a hormonal issue, also, stress can bring this on.

hi hannah i have been very stressed and stress has seriously messed with my periods before and this period was only 15 days after my last one which can happen on this pill cerazette but i think is also due to the stress ive been under lately x

If your last smear was clear and less than 3 years ago I would try to stop worrying, I know this is easier said than done but the more you let it get to you and worry the more it can happen! Keep an eye and if it happens next month and it's not around ovulation (as this sometimes happens too) go back to your GP to check for polyps. I'm sure it's stress related though! Hope this helps x

thanks hannah my smear was 11 months ago and with the clear result they said i have very low risk of developing cervical cancer as i havent got the hpv virus so that was very comforting its what they test for now along with your smear x

has this happened to anyone else im sure its something to do with this cerazette pill ive heard alot of horror stories about it

If you have a cervical erosion then it is incredibly likely to be that your partner touched the cervix (I used to know because I almost shot through the ceiling but you may be in less pain with yours! ). Basically with a cervical erosion it is what is called 'friable' which means it is tender and fragile and very likely to bleed - I had abnormal smears for a few years and it was simply that they couldn't get a sample without blood in. Mine was in response to pregnancy hormones so I am sure it could well be connected to your pill but it isn't anything awful, don't worry. As somebody said, get checked out but I am 99+% sure that will be the reason.

thankyou speranza its a fear of mine and the nurse told me that the mini pill could make the erosion worse so maybe i shouldnt be on it have you ever felt your cervical erosion with your finger i noticed mine when i had to check for the strings of my coil when i had it years ago it feels really rough to touch and would sometimes bleed after checking x

Thread Information