Thread: Sorry if its too much information

Sorry if its too much information

Most of you will probably know by now that Im panicking about my stomach problems. Havent had diarrhoea now for 4 days which, after having most of the time for 4 weeks, should be a good sign I suppose. However (theres always a however with me) this morning when I went to the loo some of the stools sunk but the rest floated. They looked a normal colour but when I wiped it was yellow on the toilet paper, of course now Im worried about that.

Re: Sorry if its too much information

This can be normal as well.

It can be caused by food high in fat and alcohol can do it as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the reply but I dont drink and havent ate anything high in fat so cant be that.

They were just two of the reasons

Mine goes from brown to yellow all the time and I was told it was normal to have changes like that and can be from the IBS.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey, if you've previously been having diarrhoea, and now you're not, that's a great sign, surely? If you're having digestive issues, you won't go from diarrhoea to perfect stools every day; especially if your system has been knocked out of whack by a bug (which is what started this off for you, right?), it'll be a gradual process back to 'normal' bowel function. If the diarrhoea has stopped, that's great. Floaty stools aren't that unusual at all (my doctor says it can actually be an effect of how much gas is in the stool - regardless of whether you've felt 'gassy' or not) and especially if some of the stool sank it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Colour is hugely variable as well depending on what you've eaten (personally I find my stools are more yellow in colour if I've eaten less food and/or particularly bland food). Plus remember it'll always look lighter on the toilet paper, and/or it might just be that it was only the very end of the stool that was a bit yellowish in colour.

You really do sound like you're having not hugely dissimilar symptoms to me, in a way - I've had 'not normal' stools for 2 months now after a bug and they are getting better, but gradually. I only had diarrhoea for a week, really, but then followed by always having really 'mushy' stools in the morning. Gradually I'm getting more solid stuff in the morning and less gas, less gurgles, but it's by no means perfect yet - even the solid stuff is a bit dodgy when I wipe and it's definitely soft lumps rather than what I think of as a properly solid BM. It'll just take time - focus on the improvements

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

I think I read on another thread that you have your appointment today to get the test results - let us know!

I got the results of my blood tests and everything is fine, now to convince myself of that fact!!

Yay I know it's tough, but if your blood tests haven't shown anything and if things seem to be improving in the bowels department (and after diarrhoea, surely anything that isn't diarrhoea is an improvement?!), you need to believe you're getting better, and then you will! I'm struggling with it myself as some days I don't think I see any improvement at all and it occasionally feels like it's all back to square one with the way my digestion is, but I have to remind myself to compare it not to how I was a week ago, but to how I was more like a month to six weeks ago - that's how slow the improvements are for me!

It's really noticeable for me that the more worried I am about it (or about anything else), the 'looser' my bowels seem to be - I'm noticeably better at weekends despite my diet not really varying, for instance. And today I have to ring for some blood test results and I'm a bit nervous about it, and my tummy is all gurgly and uncomfortable again. I had blood tests for anaemia, vitamin b12 deficiency, and coeliac disease - not really because the doctor thought I had any of those things, but because via Dr Google I'd managed to convince myself I might have them, so she agreed I could have the tests. It might only be the anaemia one that I find out about today, but that'll be something, anyway.

There's a really close connection between your brain and your digestion: there's the extreme of when you're really scared your body wants to 'empty' itself, but there's also stuff like stress hormones affecting other hormone levels (especially if you're female, I reckon), which in turn affects your stomach and transit time and everything else. I've not been able to identify anything, except lactose, that definitely causes a problem, although any of the usual 'gas-producing' foods, like beans, do seem to make me more uncomfortable, so I've been avoiding those mainly because when I feel uncomfortable, I worry more, and the cycle starts again!

Thread Information