Thread: Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia

I've suffered from Agoraphobia since i was 15 i'm 27 now and it just seems to get worse! I fear that i will lose gravity and float up into space and suffocate to death . I tend to hold onto things a lot of the time because it feels safer but then i worry about people looking at me thinking i'm some kind of weirdo lol I have social anxiety as well as i guess normal anxiety and depression so i'm constantly checking that i'm breathing and work myself up to the point i start sweating!

I'm taking Citalopram,Pregabalin,Mirtazapine,Propranolol and Quetiapine at the moment but the only thing i recognize is that it's just making me tired the thoughts haven't changed at all and i'm very much still suicidal. I've been working with a occupational therapist and a psychologist to help with everything but my brain won't slow down enough to really take in anything.

I've tried gradual exposure and methods to try and distract myself whilst out like counting cars and picking a colour and trying to find everything of that colour while i'm walking! but as i said my thoughts and the fact i can't slow my brain down are making this kind of impossible.

Anyone else have anything similar to this? or have i just gone insane

Re: Agoraphobia

You're not on your own with this. I was housebound with agoraphobia, I didn't leave the house at all for 2 years as my fear of panic attacks was so bad. Over the last couple of months with help from a support worker I'm able to take a short work most days, not much but something to build on. I went out today for my usual walk and had a panic attack for no reason, I couldn't wait to get to home as that's where I feel safe. It quickly passed when I got in the house as I'd done what the panic wanted me to do. If this happens tomorrow I'm going to have to try and stay out longer and not flee home.

I'm not surprised you're tired on all that medication! If you're still feeling so bad maybe you should ask for a medication review.

If you're insane then so am I as I can identify with what you've said

Re: Agoraphobia

have you tried or managed to do exercise that might help you

Thread Information