Thread: Anyone Offer Some Advice?

Anyone Offer Some Advice?

Well I have been prescribed 50mg Zoloft.
    I have had real bad mood swings for years now and hope for mine and my girlfriends sake this will improve with the medication.

Basically my question Is can Zoloft help with these areas I want to improve In my life.

The areas are..

Mood swings. I want to be more consistent as lately an idea will pop Into my head and I will literally dwell on It for days and can't snap out of the low mood.
    I go from the nicest guy to a shell who locks himself away In the space of one conversation.
    Then once It's gone It comes back even weeks later when I'm In a low mood again.

Nervousness.
    I get terrible nerves even doing things I've done for years. IE playing football.
    Every week at the same time I play football and from the moment I wake on that day I get myself In a state so bad I nearly cancel playing.
    But I go through with It and afterwards ask my self why I worried so much.
    But It still happens every week.

Obsessive thinking.

I get an Idea and I won't stop thinking about It whether It's good or bad It seems like my mind Is on a loop.

Lack of motivation.

Get out of bed with great intentions to do things then an hour later I'm back In bed.
    Everything will become.. Oh I will go out at 12... 1... 2.....
    then I decide oh I will do It tomorrow.

Which I guess links to tiredness.

I have felt drained for years with no good reason.
    Then I have felt so sad and anxious for years too.

Tried Citalopram a few times for a year or so but never felt It improved my life and the side effects weren't worth It.
    But they would be If life improved.

Any advice Is welcome :-) x

Re: Anyone Offer Some Advice?

I have suffered all those things you have to some degree. I can say that I have been on Zoloft/Sertraline for a couple of months after years on Citalopram and Prozac and I have felt the best on Sertraline out of all the SSRI's so far.

I had very little motivation on Citalopram and constant low moods and was the reason I switched. Since starting the Sert' I have become a better person! Feeling somewhat better with myself and with a very high first ever cholesterol test level at the age of 39, I have also changed my lifestyle and diet and feel great with loads of energy!!

I think the Sert' kick started me feeling better and the life changes added to the good effects? Anxiety with so far non-existent health problems has been an issue for over a decade and depression since my early twenties has been a pain.

I hope Sertraline will have the same effect for you but it's just a case of trying different meds until we find the right one for us?

Good luck,

Steve.

Thread Information