Thread: feeling like i was goin to die

feeling like i was goin to die

hello everybody i am feeling really bad today and i have got to go to work this afternoon, i work in a hospital of all places and i have got a phobia of illness, anyway i woke about 5am this morning because my dog was banging on the kitchen door, when i got out of bed i could feel my heart goin fast then when i went downstairs it was goin really fast to the extent i had to walk around and bang my chest so i could take my mind off the banging feeling in my chest, i even quickly got my clothes on, i thought i was going to die, i cant even put it down to my anxiety because i wasnt anxious, i have been checked out twice before over my heart the full works and the last one was 2yrs ago and everything was fine so i am worrying myself sick with worry and i worry all the time because i can feel my heart beating all the time every little beat, and it bangs away sometimes, even exercising i can feel it really strong, i just need some answers to reasure myself can anybody help me x

Hi, so you've been checked out by a doc and I assume he's said everything is fine. Anxiety can kick in so quick we don't even have time to draw breath! You woke with a start cause your dog woke you banging and so it's natural that your heart would beat a bit faster. When we're anxious we are very sensitive to every feeling we have, the trick is to not be too impressed by them. The trigger was you waking up with a jolt, this set off a chain reaction of thoughts and feelings which made you worry that something really bad was about to happen and maybe you couldn't go to work. A few deep breaths will help to slow your fast heartbeat and then tell yourself that you know why you are feeling how you're feeling and that there is no danger, anywhere to you. By the way, hats off to you for working at a hospital when you have that phobia, how did that come about? Take care, XX

hiya

u could have been having a dream or something, and the dog woke you up to quickly, i have had this b4, its horrible i remember having it as a child, id wake up petrified but for no reason, its horrible. see usually when people have this they just think that it was a horrible thing but dismiss it, people with anxiety will let that spoil there whole day thinking it will happen again.

u will be ok
    leanne x

i just wanna feel normal

Thread Information