Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does anxiety chest pain feel like?

Re: What does anxiety chest pain feel like?

I had my first and only panic attack about 3 weeks ago. The chest pain was kind of a shooting pain that changed one and off from one side of my heart to the other. My left arm was also very numb. These symptoms continued for about 3 weeks, although they are not as intense as the first week and my days are slowly getting better with less pain/numbness.

I do see posts on this where people had an ECG, I had the same. For me, I didn't want to stop there. I knew the only way I could truly be sure my heart was good was get an Echo/stress test and I also got a Coronary Heart Cat Scan. I heard in the past that an ECG can pick up a current heart attack or recent one I guess, but it might not show 'all' issues that could be going on. I was also told that sometimes the readings on an ECG can be misleading, or not always interpreted correctly. I don't know the truth in all this since I'm not a Dr., but that's all i needed to hear to push for the Echo test and the Coronary test. I actually had an abnormality at the apex of my heart that showed on the Coronary test and the Cardiologist said sometimes that's evidence of a prior heart attack. He said for me, he wasn't concerned and doesn't think that was the case for me. He said my coronary test was great and my calcium levels were at a '0' which is as good as it gets. Still, scared the crap out of me and sometimes I start getting anxiety just thinking about it.

Re: What does anxiety chest pain feel like?

Can some help me pls I had sharp pain in chest automatically I think heart ❤ then I have palpation feels like I'm going to die get very anxious cause I think I'm going to di

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information