Thread: I am a nervous wreck please help.

I am a nervous wreck please help.

Went for my eye test this morning, the assistant did the puff test and visual field.

I was shaking the whole way through and at the end I asked how it was she said she had to repeat pressure test and not to worry as it sometimes happens.

I said I didn't think I did the visual field test well and she said "you didn't do too bad".

So then she tells me the optometrist hasn't turned up today and can I rebook!!!!!!

By this point I'm a nervous wreck and said to her can you tell me the results of the tests I've done she said the puff test was a bit higher in my right eye. I said I didn't want to rebook as I was so anxious I needed to get a test done today and she said I totally understand as you are so anxious I think you are just going to work yourself up if you don't.

I said was everything ok and she said "please don't worry".

So I walked out and have now booked at eye test with boots but couldn't get in til 5.10pm.

My husband is sick of me I'm crying, shaking can't eat anything, my head is pounding and my face is flushed.

I keep thinking I've failed the visual field test and my pressure in my right eye is high, my husband said she wouldn't have let you walk out if it was bad she would have said it was imperative to go back and see the optician, but I don't think she would she was only an asssitant.

So now I've got to wait til 5.10pm!

I just can't calm down, I took my mum with me and she said I need to calm down as that probably isn't helping the tests.

Sorry for the rant I'm just so low don't know what to do

Re: I am a nervous wreck please help.

Hello Munchlet,

Sorry your feeling like this.

I too had the puff test done a few years ago, along with the general eye rest and they found that the resistance on my left eye was slightly different then my right, they put this down to me straining my eyes on my computer at work, I use 2 screen and they think it was due to me constantly looking at the left screen more - I now have a very large screen so that 2 pages are displayed on one.

I know it's easier said then done but please do not worry, there's lots if minor things it can be.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Ps: if it was anything serious they have a duty of care to adhere to. They would have sent you straight to the hospital or taken your appointment a lot more sooner!

Hi

thank you for your reply it is reassuring to know that you have experienced this too.

I've also just read that Fluoxetine can increase eye pressure which is what I've been taking for years for my HA.

They didn't ask if I took any medication, I think I'm more annoyed that the lady didn't say to me before taking me in that the optometerist wasn't there because I wouldn't have gone through with any tests until I knew someone was there who could actually tell me what was going on.

Oh well not long now and my appt is at Boots so hopefully that will be more successful, as I say I'm a nervous wreck but I have to go especially now!

You will be fine :-)

Do let me know what they say x

Thread Information