Thread: Constant panic attacks!

Constant panic attacks!

I've suffered from panic attacks since I was 21 but lately there like constant attacks. There ruining my life, I've been signed off sick for 2 weeks now scared I'm guna get sacked so this is feeding on the anxiety more.
    I just feel I don't know what to do nomore!
    When I rang work today thay told me I needed to speak to a manager said thay would find one thay come back and put the phone down on me.
    I can't stop crying x

Re: Constant panic attacks!

I'm the same it's affecting me functioning. My hearts been racing 3 hrs and won't stop. I can't see an end to this. I've increased anti depressant and was great 5 days and now the longest attack I've had came 3 hrs ago.

It's so hard isn't it. I'm like constantly worrying. Did anything start ur attack off? Am here if u need a chat xx

There's a book called overcoming panic http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-P...ercoming+panic it helped me get rid of panic attacks. Although I still have anxiety issues, my main panic attacks which I had for months went.
    I don't know if the anxiexty I have now it counted as panic attacks but they are not like the first ones I had.
    What I learnt to do was when I had a panic attack focus on my breath and focus on something else. If you learn to do this it will take away the fear. If you don't fear attacks they lessen. It takes time. (I used to breathe in a picutre the number 1, when I breathed out the colour changed. I'd picutre a number 2 maybe it was blue, when I breathed out the colour changed maybe a picture was in the number. i used to stand in a school assemlbey doing this, it must have helped)
    I had these at school and took time off. These days if I'm anxious Istill go to work. I took on day off last year when I thought I was ill that's it.
    Avoidance makes things worse.

Mine started after decreasing some meds 2 month ago. Heart been racing 5 hrs now. So tired but can't sleep. Was normal racing heart but then had a missed beat which has sent me over the edge

Thread Information