Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help reaction to seroxat or is it me

Hey Spirit

Thanks for your reply! And for your good wishes for my journey. I do agree that some doctors can reach for a pills as a first resort and its not always the best thing. We must all do what works best for us personally. I tried St John's Wort for over a year. And it worked well for that time. My hubby said I was a different person.

But this year has been far worse and it wasn't making any difference any more. So I'm trying this way now. Apart from feeling tired I don't mind so long as I can live without the perpetual fear that was taking over my life. I am booked for counselling but need to survive in the meantime... until I have retrained my brain [8D]

Lisa.

Re: Help reaction to seroxat or is it me

These are the very questions I seek to find an answer. I believe the side effects of the medications can cause the very symptoms we are trying to alleviate?

As Jane says "seroxat or is it me" I have a thread wanting to know is it Cipralex or is it me" http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21664

I guess we will never know and we (and the Doctors) just have to take medications more sensibly. I remember seeing a psychiatrist once who prescribed me Cipralex (1x10mg tab a day). I went back to see him 8 months later and on telling him I did not feel any better he replied: "Well take two then".
    I am afraid I do not have a great deal of faith in doctors at the min.

Hi there Mr Blobby, sorry to hear you're having a bad time. Doctors are human too I guess and they haven't all got the bedside or surgery-side(?)manner we would like! Some of them just aren't helpful at all.

I have been lucky with mine, she's been full of useful, sensible advice, not all about meds either, and really listens. I have also had counselling which helps me with the long term issue of anxiety, but the meds help me stay in control of the symtoms in the meantime.

I was on 10mg at first, gradually increased to 30mg. I tried self-help, then herbal remedies, st john's wort etc, which really did help for a while. But unfortunately my life-situation got worse and the anxiety got the better of me. It was a case of needing some help to survive so that my family and I don't suffer more than necessary.

I felt a bit of a failure for a while for needing meds, having avoided them and been off anti-depressants for 4 years, I really didn't want to take anything. But I have managed to stop giving myself a hard time for taking meds, and they certainly make it easier to stay on top of symtoms. The symptoms don't go away totally, but they don't take over now either, so thats a big improvement. The more I pratice being in control with the meds, the more I feel I will cope when I can come off them.

I said to doc that I wanted to stop the anxiety not just take a pill for when I feel bad. And the counselling definitely helped with that.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

But I certainly couldn't do it without NMP!!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Hi there i was on seroxat paraxotine 13 years ago i was only on them 2 days and that was enough i never slept in 2 days at all and could hardly swallow with nerves me personally WOULD NOT recommened this medication to anyone the side effects were horrific and thats why i have severe panic and anxiety to this day i know that does not happen to everyone but i was only 21 years oldand feeling a bit down after having my son i would give my right arm to just feeling a bit low again to what i experienced am sorry dont want to scare anyone but please be careful i dont want anyone to go through what i did

Hi
    I took Seroxat on/off for a large part of my life until I decided to use natural remedies. I found that when starting Seroxat any feelings of anxiety etc are increased for a short time until the medication kicks in fully. It explains this on the information leaflet. It doesnt happen to everyone who takes it but for some. I found that by chopping the tablets in half to 10mg and then to 5mg and taking from a min of 5 mg to 20 mg each day depending on how I was feeling worked. Somedays I just took 5mg and that suited me.This is the way I weaned myself off them too. The reason I stopped was because I cldnt stand the side effects that I suffered, dry mouth, nausea and constantly tired and yawing plus the sweating too, however that was just in my case and I do know people who use Seroxat and have done for years, where it has really helped them and without any side effects.
    Hope this helps

i to am on 20mg on seroxat been on it three days and i keep feeling really hot light headed giddy as if going to pass out and feel really sick cant be bothered to do anything really got to push myself i have been taking over my own breathing as well which is causing me to hyperventilate and like you cant decide wether to carry on or stop them advise welcome please thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information