Thread: panic attack no one to talk to!! Bad attack!

panic attack no one to talk to!! Bad attack!

Ok so im suffering from Ptsd, Panic disorder, Health anxiety and depression

Im on my 5th day of being put on citaloprams 20mg and things have got worse!
    I know you always get worse before better but needing reassuring!

I was really tired today our daughters birthday party and all.
    so watched couple of comedy's with my hubby and fell asleep to be woken up
    at 3:30am with a weird feeling, here i am checking my pulse and everything sweating the lot.
    anyway i calm down around 4am and im just on hear doing my bit and all of a
    sudden I felt this snap like a muscle pulling apart like elastic band snapping.. in my heart and i was like oh POOP!

and next before i know it im like numb left arm, pains, sweating, feel like i'm dying, passing out the whole works and Badly shaking i have to breathe deep so i start doing that and now im so tight my neck is hurting top of my back and so jealous of my hubby because he fast asleep side of me and looks so LOVELY! ive not slept, eaten right in 3 days!

Can anyone talk to me and help me through this and put my mind at ease that this is normal and others have it too??? :'( :'(

p.s i have had paramedics out in like 3 days in a week and running ecg's thinking my heart is bad but they say im "Perfect" Blood test everything nothing wrong im loosing my mind! :(

Re: panic attack no one to talk to!! Bad attack!

Hi Toria
    How are you feeling now? Everything you have described sounds like anxiety to me. The muscle snap thing must have been frightening but it was probably due to tension. The fact you have had clear ECGs and blood tests does point to anxiety. It's early days for your meds and you do need to give it more time. These anxiety symptoms are horrible especially in the night. I know exactly what you mean about being jealous of your hubby sleeping! You are not losing your mind and you are not alone.
    Sal

Re: panic attack no one to talk to!! Bad attack!

Hi hun

How you feeling now?

I have been on Citalopram for quite sometime now and it has really helped me combined with knowledge of anxiety and therapy.

It is defo the tablets in my opinion. I was exactly the same, day 5-8 I was up and down and very anxious but you WILL get better don't stop taking it it takes time. However, you may want to speak to your GP for reassurance.

In the first 2 weeks I didn't go to A&E but I was at the Docs nearly everyday thinking I was going mad, you are NOT going mad, your body and mind is adjusting to your medication.

The best advice I can give is knowledge is power, read as much as you can to help you, but don't google symptoms will make you worse.

Please keep us updated, you will be fine.

Luv & hugs
    Jackie xx

Thread Information