Thread: advice needed re: cipralex

advice needed re: cipralex

Greetings to all,

I started taking Cipralex around 2003/2004 combined with benzos. This combination worked up until roughly a year ago when I started to feel again that I am "dancing" on the brink of panic attacks in the most feared of situations (meetings, driving, theaters, movies etc).

Based on my symptoms my psychiatrist started to increase the dozes but this does not work. Instead of leaving behind the state of "dancing on the brink" I become sleepy instead but the symptoms remain. Can anyone suggest an anti-depressant that was developed recently? I need look after these things myself for I think that my shrink became negligent. Pls. don't suggest to turn to another shrink because I need a quick solution, my job is in danger. (Anyway I will look for a new one, but as mentioned, it is urgent).

Thanks.
    Gabor
    Gabor
    Last edited by Gabor; 04-09-13 at 18:51.

Re: advice needed re: cipralex

forgive me for being a bit thick but is cipralex the same as lexapro ?

cipralex and lexapro are the same.

Gabor - cipralex is one of the newer ADs and is very effective, as you know from your experience since 2003/2004 until now. It does happen, that some people experience a tolerance of sorts. Solutions to this can be increasing the dose of your current meds, adding another med to "kickstart" things or switching to another med. There are lots out there. However, as you likely know, there are no "quick fixes". They all take a little time to sort out. How long has it been since you've increased the dosage and from what dosage to what dosage are you doing?

Hi, I recently increased my dose and felt sleepy during the day but it did pass quickly xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    cipralex and lexapro are the same.

Gabor - cipralex is one of the newer ADs and is very effective, as you know from your experience since 2003/2004 until now. It does happen, that some people experience a tolerance of sorts. Solutions to this can be increasing the dose of your current meds, adding another med to "kickstart" things or switching to another med. There are lots out there. However, as you likely know, there are no "quick fixes". They all take a little time to sort out. How long has it been since you've increased the dosage and from what dosage to what dosage are you doing?
    Hi,

I have got a long history of trying out different anti-depressants. The problem is that - with the exception of cipralex - they did not have any effect on me although I always waited for the 5-6 week period until the "kick in" should happen. In the last 10+ years I almost went through the whole scale of anti-depressants until I found cipralex (it was me and not my psychiatrist!).

The dozes:

1 Cipralex (10mg) each morning.
    3 x 1 pill of Rivotril (benzo)
    2 x 1 pill of Xanax (benzo)

The increase:

2 x 1 pill of Cipralex, everything else remained the same. (I guess I am pretty much a medication addict by now).

My aim is to leave all benzos behind and try to live with only anti-depressants.

Gabor

Thread Information