Thread: Going to the Dr on Friday

Going to the Dr on Friday

I've been struggling through the last few months with a flare up of my HA and sure I have a brain tumour or something wrong in my brain. I can't shake the anxiety so I need to see the dr.

Thing is I can't get in to see my usual dr so I am seeing someone different and I'm worried I can't/won't tell them everything. I'd told myself whatever my dr says I'll believe her - she's a dr and knows what she's on about. But now I'm worried won't trust this one.

I feel like I'm forgetful, slur words, get words mixed up, I'm getting concerned with my floaters in my eyes, I keep getting an odd feeling in one side of my face and arm which I know is due to the very tight muscle in that side of my neck, but when I'm really worried I can't get my head around this. I have an obsession I that I keep smelling smoke. I just feel I'm going mad.

I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and I don't want to spend the entire time worked up and anxious.

Re: Going to the Dr on Friday

Hi there,

Have a look back at your posts and see what you illnesses you thought you had before and whether it was right.

You'll see that you were convinced you had a brain tumour in 2007 which I'm presuming you didn't. I'm not sure that that will help but you are looking for reassurance from your GP that I don't think will help you either.

Take care and have a great holiday.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for your reply.

I've not been to the dr for anything HA related since 2008. I also saw a neurologist and had a brain MRI in 2008. Neurologist didn't find any problems and neither did the scan. But anything could change from then. I've been really well for the past few years. Had a busy few years with having a baby.

I need to say something to the dr about it, as its no good having these worries going round in my head and keeping them bottled up - I've told no one my fears.

When our anxiety plays up, we notice little things that we would not normally acknowledge - like when we forget things or use the wrong word, or aches and pains that we would normally ignore. The HA then makes us turn these little things into symptoms. I hope you feel better soon as I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

Thread Information