Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yesterday was horrible!

yesterday was horrible!

it was like the anxious feelings wouldn't go away, sometimes getting stronger and i had to watch videos on youtube until i felt tired to go sleep. why's this?

Re: yesterday was horrible!

Unfortunately this is how anxiety can be sometimes. It can last for some time and can seem never ending. Once you can accept it and become positive about getting well again it will improve.
    My Dads name is Kenneth and it is also the middle name of my youngest son

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Unfortunately this is how anxiety can be sometimes. It can last for some time and can seem never ending. Once you can accept it and become positive about getting well again it will improve.
    My Dads name is Kenneth and it is also the middle name of my youngest son
    i'm hoping that i will eventually control anxiety, but thanks for commenting (y) i just want to know what it is i actually have

Have you been diagnosed with anxiety etc?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Have you been diagnosed with anxiety etc?
    i'm seeing a counseller/psyciatrist , seen him about two weeks, hopefully he can help me...help myself

Ok that is good news then

In the mean time please do read some of the website pages over there on the left as they may help you as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Ok that is good news then

In the mean time please do read some of the website pages over there on the left as they may help you as well
    okay thank you

I was all over the place not eating and sleeping very little recently due to my own problems, TV annoys me now days so I started to watch YouTube videos on my iPad in bed, they gave me something to focus on and take my mind off things at night and sleep.

Listening to the voices shut out the thoughts that was making me anxious.

I couldn't sleep for a few weeks without having a video on in the background, I started to develop a sleep pattern again with the videos which helped me get through the day better, I stopped having afternoon naps and went to bed at a normal hour ready to just sleep.

Your brain is just active and needs help to relax, some like to read a book, listen to music, go for a walk, even sleep with the TV on, you like to watch YouTube videos.

Don't worry about it, you've found a way to relax, enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    I was all over the place not eating and sleeping very little recently due to my own problems, TV annoys me now days so I started to watch YouTube videos on my iPad in bed, they gave me something to focus on and take my mind off things at night and sleep.

Listening to the voices shut out the thoughts that was making me anxious.

I couldn't sleep for a few weeks without having a video on in the background, I started to develop a sleep pattern again with the videos which helped me get through the day better, I stopped having afternoon naps and went to bed at a normal hour ready to just sleep.

Your brain is just active and needs help to relax, some like to read a book, listen to music, go for a walk, even sleep with the TV on, you like to watch YouTube videos.

Don't worry about it, you've found a way to relax, enjoy it.
    yeah hopefully, but what i don't get is that it came on randomly? does that happen to you?

It all started by a random panic attack 5 years ago, worst thing I did was let it beat me down, thinking why it happened, what if it happens again and I started to avoid things rather than face it head on.

If you start to feel anxious don't panic and wonder why it's happening, do something you enjoy. YouTube videos, take a walk, listen to some music. If you find yourself sat there thinking will it happen tonight get up and do something to focus on.

Keep active, keep yourself busy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information