Thread: i feel really awfull

i feel really awfull

up until dec when I came of seroxat for brain surgry I was on it for 13 years and it helped me so much .I have been put on it again 20mg this is my 3rd day and I feel so bad 2 hours sleep shaking SOOO bad anxiety very bad spent most of the day in bed will this go please I need some advice xx

Re: i feel really awfull

Hi susie
    Afraid I can't give you any advice as I am more or less in same boat regards lack of sleep and feeling awful. Obviously you've had a lot on your plate and probably good reason to feel like you do so I'm not comparing in any way. I am on seroxat and have been for many years but this week it seems to have stopped working. What I thought was a minor blip is dragging on far longer than ever before. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that while I wish I could help with some good advice all I can do is reassure you you are not alone.
    I wish you a speedy recovery
    Sal

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

P.s did you have these bad side effects the first time you started it? Maybe comparing that with where you are now will help. I think the general advice is anything from 2 to 6 weeks to kick in. When I started I was on the road to recovery after a week.
    Sal

Unfortunately I don't know the 'norm' for Paroxetine but I have been on 13 days and feel so much better. I'm sure I read this 1 is fast acting.

KeeKee
    Glad you are feeling better.

Thank you Darbysa

thank you for your replys I am recovering well after my surgry but I have bad sleep problems and anxiety that's why my gp put me back on seroxat but I know its early days but its been very bad thank you again xx

hi darbysha when I started on seroxat 13 years ago I was just drowsy for a few weeks nothing like this had 2 panic attacks last night ,how are you feeling now hope you are better

Hi susie
    I do feel much better today thanks. I was on 20mg for about 5 years then dropped to 10 for last 2 years as I felt so well. Been great on the 10mg until the last few months when I started getting more blips. Doc said I should go back to 20 but I resisted. That is until yesterday when I decided to give it a go. Don't know if that's why I'm feeling better or whether it's just all in my mind now I've actually taken that step. Or could be I would've recovered anyway. I'll never know now. Can't stand the thought if being back to where I was earlier this week. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
    I do hope you will start to feel better soon. You've done really well considering the trauma you've had. Onwards and upwards girl! You will do it.
    Sal

Hi Susie im thinking about going on it again after 18 months off let me know how you get on i was on it 13 years also wish you the best

Thread Information