Thread: Anxious because of symptoms or symptoms because of anxiety???

Anxious because of symptoms or symptoms because of anxiety???

If you know what I mean!!
    Past few days I've been feeling ropey - hot flushes, headache, muscle aches, tired, dithery and a dry, tight throat and difficulty concentrating. Today I've also got what I think of as an 'anxious tummy', bit gurgly and need to go to the loo a lot.
    Basically all the things that are troubling me seem to come up as symptoms of anxiety, but can anxiety really make you feel generally ropey like this? Like the title says I'm not sure if I feel poorly because I'm anxious or I'm anxious about my symptoms and they're down to something else. Vicious circle, of course! Incidentally I have felt like this lots of times before and I know I have major league health anxiety.

Re: Anxious because of symptoms or symptoms because of anxiety???

That's the cycle we allllll get ourselves in! I was convinced for the longest time that my symptoms were causing my anxiety and I needed to find the root of my physical symptoms. But I feel like I'm starting to come to grips with it being the other way around (although I've had an awful day of symptoms and I'm back to believing I have something physically wrong). Feels like this battle never ends!

Thread Information