Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: comments/observations/suggestions regarding the use of NMP

Re: comments/observations/suggestions regarding the use of NMP

good stuff

Bump

I just want to Bump this thread as I think some people need to read through the original post again.

I think the following points need to be thought about as the Admins spend a lot of the day moving posts around the forum and it is very frustrating that we have to spend most of our time doing it.

Dramatic /uninformative subject titles

This has been covered before but we will copy it here again.

Please could Members have a think about the type of titles they are using for threads.

This is for your sake as your choice of title may make a difference to if someone answers your thread or not.

When people look through the 'Active Topic' list they tend to look at the title and make a decision there and then if they have the experience to answer the thread before they even click to read your thread.

It therefore helps if your title lets the reader know about your thread.

There have been quite a few threads recently with titles such as "please Help me" "read this" or just "I need Help"...... These titles although 'dramatic' may tend to get ignored even though the poster needs help.

There are a lot of threads stating things like "I have cancer", "I am going to die", "I have a brain tumour", "I can't live anymore" and these are on the whole untrue, unfounded and just a reaction to a symptom.

Titles saying more about your problem are more likely to get you a reply..... such as "panicking about my headache" or "worried about my Heart tests tomorrow" may get more replies as people with experience who can give advice or help will know what the thread is about.

We will amend titles that are inappropriate.

Post in the relevant forum

Some members seem to think that every post has to be in the Health Anxiety forum. The reason we created many sub-forums was so that you could easily find people with similar experiences and problems.

We will move posts to the correct forum if we feel they are in the wrong place.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information