Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: comments/observations/suggestions regarding the use of NMP

Re: comments/observations/suggestions regarding the use of NMP

Really good advice and especially the bit about people thanking you for replying , If you have 'opened up' to someone about your situation and your reply is basically ignored it is a horrible feeling and does put you off answering again. It is nice to feel your reply is appreciated.

Thank you hopefully the things we have been thinking about will help us and all the members when making the most of their visits to NMP.

now make sure you all behave for Nic until I get back off holiday

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I agree with everything said, a lot of it boils down to manners and some are obviously lacking, it doesn't cost anything to be polite and considerate to others.

Recovery is down to ourselves, it takes hard work and continuous positivity when we feel like giving up, medication and advice are very helpful to a lot of people, but the power of recovery comes from within.

And yes, people set up threads about subjects already covered by a lot of other people, perhaps they could just add to the ones already there.

I appreciate everything you all do for the community at NMP.X

BobbyDog

Great advice xxxx

Bump bump bump!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Just one more think that I'd like to add if I may please.

Remember that when you come on NMP asking for advice, the advice you receive will always be the most helpful that a member feels is right for you

I do sometimes get a little rattled, not often though, when someone asks for advice, then members come along giving that person very constructive advice, only for the original poster to get annoyed and ending up taking the replies completely the wrong way.

All advice given here is meant to help the original poster, it may not be the answer that you wanted, but it will always be helpful and constructive. So please can I ask that we are all considerate to each other, respect each others opinions and are grateful for the time and attention given to us

Many thanks

I agree entirely with everything nicola has said and though it may seem tedious I am at the moment keeping my current thread on going. Anyone genuinely interested in helping or advising will have had to have read from the onset. I always thank people who reply but as I stated earlier today we are all different and personally when I am feeling as I am now I can't concentrate to blog away.
    I would only say that in some cases that recovery being down to ourselves is not always initially possible,however strong people think they are, as support is needed, as I am realising more and more.

giving advice is easy, for the minute you give advice you forget you have a problem at all it helps to block out the turmoil your going through, receiving advice means you have to listen and think about everything in your own life again and again and this is the scariest thing for a sufferer.

bump

It seems half or so of posts in Active Topics relate to health anxiety, that is, the person involved is not focused on their anxiety, but on a symptom which they think may be indicative of a physical illness (cancer or heart disease, etc).

If a person thinks they may have a physical illness, then really the only advice you can give is "See your doctor". Anything else is just reassurance.

My question is - does this reassurance help or feed the problem?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information