Thread: Sertraline stopped working??

Question Sertraline stopped working??

Hi, everybody.

I noticed a huge difference when taking Sertraline for the first two weeks as my mood lifted, I never cried, I thought life was great, etc, but now I feel kinda fed up and not interested with anything again?? I thought being on 100mg now (been on it for 2 weeks now) would have made me even better, but it hasn't. :( Has anyone else had this problem?

.....and a ninja.

Re: Sertraline stopped working??

Rls, when I went on to 50mg, week one was really weird (but not unpleasant), weeks 2-3 were good, leaving me unprepared for weeks 4-6, which were hellish.

Everybody is different, but your pattern seems similar to mine. The good news is that if you stick with it, by about weeks 8-9 things begin to really click into place. And by weeks 10-12, you may be feeling like yourself. Without any side effects if, like me, you're really lucky.

It's too early to make an evaluation until at least week 6, but really I think weeks 8-12. Your doctor will only say the same. That's not much comfort when you're going through the nasty phases of going on/changing your dose, but it usually gets better.

If you take a sample of the posts on this website for example, it's nearly always people struggling through those first weeks i.e. when people are more anxious for reassurance. That's because by about week ten-twelve, a lot of people are just too busy rediscovering the forgotten pleasures of life.

Stick in there, keep some perspective, and you'll be fine.

Thread Information