Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Eating

Re: Healthy Eating

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Yes after all it is the place for a man..in the kitchen Only trouble is they never clean it up to our standards do they?
    I totally agree Annie they need alittle more training

They certainly do
    I have had 3 of my 5 a day so far, tomato soup, glass of juice and strawberries
    Will have 4 more with Sunday dinner so I have done extra good today Oh I was naughty last night though...I didn't have another glass of juice so only had 4 :(

you carnt be good all the time, ive had two up to now the rest is with my beautiful dinner my hubby is cooking lol got to say that he is near my laptop

My hubby makes lovely Yorkshire puddings but he is from Yorkshire

Nic it must be a pain trying to get what you eat right hun.

The only real fruit juice that I can drink is apple........orange goes through me like a porche and I can't have grapefruit anyway cos of one of the medications that I'm on!

Annie I've asked myself the same question about Cadbury's fruit and nut.........fruit = one of our 5 a day...........nuts = protein, so there for good for us.........milk = calcium, which is good for bones and teeth.......and all that equals that it must be good for us

Today I haven't quite had my 5 a day. I did have cauliflower and broccoli with my dinner though and I will probably have another little fresh fruit salad.

The really good news is that I weighed myself today and I've lost 3lb..........not bad for the first week me thinks

*dashes into the kitchen to search cupboards for Cadbury's fruit and nut*

I totally agree about the chocolate - the cocoa beans are a vegetable (all beans are, right?!), full of calcium... I think we should def be eating some every day! ;-)

Auntie I had cauliflower and broccoli today too! And orange juice, a banana, and a portion of watercress/spinach/rocket. There's my 5!

I had cauliflower and broccoli too. Well done lizzie on getting your 5 a day today

They're obviously popular veg! I sometimes have them with cheese sauce, mmm. Not very healthy tho!

I read somewhere only 2 of your 5 a day should be fruit, something to do with the high volumes of natural sugars in fruit.

Today I've had: green beans, carrots, cauliflower, corn on the cob, banana, red grapes & strawberries. 7 items, so a good day for me

Wow! Well done to those that managed to get all of their 5 in today

Are we all a bit OCD with the cauliflower and broccoli do you think?!!

Lizzie I love cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce too, I have got myself some low fat cheese, so maybe I'll be able to get away with it a bit

Bernie it's interesting that you say that. I'm diabetic too, but I spoke to my GP about eating fruit and she said it's fine, it's more the refined sugar that they worry about, but there are several different opinions out there. All I can say is that my blood glucose levels haven't gone up at all since I've been eating more fruit
    7 is brilliant Bernie

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information