Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Eating

Re: Healthy Eating

I find it quite easy to do Auntie Moosie as I'm on a strict diet as I get really bad acid reflux and when I have a flare up I sometimes get gastritis.

It is quite easy to do, if you're struggling eating just a 5cm chunk of cucumber is one portion. Another easy one is a small tin of pears if you don't have any fresh fruit in.

Why is it that fresh fruit and vegetables are getting more and more expensive when all we're told to do is eat healthy??!! All the sweets, crisps etc seem to be getting cheaper or are always on offer

I am not supposed to eat seeds either as they cause problems with diverticular disease lol.

I do still eat tomatoes and fruits with seeds in cos no way am I picking them all out lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie29 View Post
    They're obviously popular veg! I sometimes have them with cheese sauce, mmm. Not very healthy tho!
    I like them with cheese sauce too...I guess if we use low fat cheese?

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Bernie I prefer tinned pears to fresh ones but the other fruits I prefer fresh, but yes they are getting more expensive.
    Nicola I had food intolerance tests done and it says I am intolerant to sunflower and sesame seeds.

I have only had 4 today, 2 fruit and 2 veg. I think fruit tea counts as 1 of 5 a day?

Nic I wouldn't muck about sorting seeds out either hun!!

Bernie I so agree with you about the cost of fresh fruit and veg. The government want us all to eat healthy, well then, they should pay the farmers more, and they should knock off any VAT from all healthy foods and stack it on the non healthy ones

Well I've been pretty good today as I've had another salad so I think I can safely say that I've had my 5 for today

Well done Auntie Moosie. I think I will make myself a salad tomorrow.

I agree Auntie Moosie extra tax on turkey twizzlers and dirty kebabs!

Today I've had a banana, red apple, carrots, green beans, cauliflower. I also had some boiled beetroot on a ham sandwich and I made sure it was a large enough portion to count as one of my five a day.

That's one thing to look out for,make sure your portion sizes are big enough to count

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I like them with cheese sauce too...I guess if we use low fat cheese?

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Bernie I prefer tinned pears to fresh ones but the other fruits I prefer fresh, but yes they are getting more expensive.
    Nicola I had food intolerance tests done and it says I am intolerant to sunflower and sesame seeds.
    I prefer tinned pears too Annie, fresh ones are either too hard or have gone sour when they're soft

I like tinned pears too, and peaches for that matter

But can you buy them without that sugary syrup stuff?? I can't have them with that stuff in because of my diabetes.

Bernie YUK to kebabs!! Do people eat them normally then?? The only time I see people eat them is when they're drunk!!!!....then they don't know what they're eating.........if you go to our town centre early on Saturday or Sunday morning, you'll find the all the kebabs that were eaten the night before all over the pavements!

I say YUK to kebabs too...I tried one once many, many years ago.

Gosh - you're all so good! Does a chocolate orange count ! I love veggies but only if they're mixed in a meal. I can eat things like veg stews/pies, veg curry (you get the idea) but if you put a plate of carrots or cauliflower in front of me I struggle - I find it really bland. I do love green beans though. I love beans in general - any kind! I'm quite good with fruit too but could try harder.

Loving this thread. Giving me ideas and motivation to eat healthier! xx

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information