Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Eating

Re: Healthy Eating

Chocolate...cocoa beans...beans are veg. Orange...fruit. chocolate orange...would be nie if that was 2 of our 5 a day! I had a craving for chocolate oranges when I was expecting my oldest son and they are his favourites now
    It doesn't have to be raw veg meche, cooked counts but try not to over cook as it cooks the goodness out. Steamed veg is better than boiled.

I am developing a liking for cauliflower but I have to mix pepper in with it to give it a kick. I like spicy food! I also love stir frys - lots and lots of veg in them. I often make pots of soup with lentils, carrots, onion, and swede when I need a veggie kick. It's all about balance isn't it. I try to follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I'm good but I allow myself a few treats at the end of the week. Thing is, I've had too many treats lately ! xx

Same with me meche...I sometime think "well I have been really good eating this so I that means I can be naughty and eat this cake"!

And me! Try to eat healthily but am not perfect, and do slip in some treats! I personally think that it's ok as long as you don't go overboard - everything is good in moderation!

I've only had one of my 5 so far today, but about to have grapes and have got spinach, onions and mushrooms for tea.

I have only had half a portion so far today so you are doing better than me Lizzie

I've had far too much cake recently . The thing is, what I eat affects my mood. When I eat too much rubbish (which I'm guilty off lately), I feel sluggish and tired. Then I don't do anything and I get bored, when I get bored I think too much.... see the pattern? I'm on a major health kick from this week and my new gym instructor has offered me lots of help. I have an appt with her this Sunday to run through lots of things. I'm going to be weighed, measured, have blood pressure & fat levels taken and a personal programme worked out. Really looking forward to it. My goal is to get to 8.5 stone. My biggest problem is that I don't do breakfast - that isn't good! I need to make time for it - I just never know what to have! xx

I totally agree about what we eat affecting our mood. Meche you must eat breakfast, even if it is just a bowl of cereal, yoghurt or a banana

I know. I'm really trying this week. I sometimes don't eat anything until 2pm but then my metabolism kicks in and I'm constantly hungry. I have some bad eating/timing habits I need to break. xx

Meche that sounds good about the gym, I know I don't have the determination to stick to that, and no time to go in the week. I just have to try eating healthily. I want to do more exercise but am currently seeing a chiropractor about a bad back, so am a bit limited.

I've been going on/off for a year Lizzie. I initially joined because I was doing a sponsored hike up a mountain. I didn't think I could stick with it either but I found myself feeling more energised and my body shape was changing. I've stuck with it but these past few weeks I've struggled for no particular reason. Gone from 3-4 times a week to once ! I feel it now though - tired, sluggish and getting flabby! There are gym programmes for people with bad backs - we have a few at ours. There's even a young guy with a muscle wasting disability who works really hard. Puts me to shame some days! xx

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information